Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utility Core

2 posters

Go down

Utility Core Empty Utility Core

Post by jessicarchi Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:00 pm

Good day!

I'm currently on the process of finalizing my plans for my thesis. My proposal is entitled "S.A.I.L.S: Scenic Aquatic Innovative Location for Sports" and one of my major structures are the Clubhouse and a Convention Hall. I am aware that each building must have its utility core for maintenance purposes. This includes the Mechanical room for HVAC, Electrical room, Storage, Waste disposal area and the like.

I'm wondering what would be the ideal dimension for each of these spaces. It is proportional to the size of the structure. My clubhouse is 50mx40m in dimension, and it has 2 floors. And my convention hall is 40mx60m which has a capacity of 648 persons.

According to the NBC, the minimum dimension of a habitable room is 2mx3m. But I guess it would be different for the utility spaces since it is not designed to be habitable.

I hope you could help me. Thank you very much CGP! Smile

jessicarchi
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 29/04/2010

Back to top Go down

Utility Core Empty Re: Utility Core

Post by ejcapili Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:00 pm

I'm no master at this but I think this will help. Here are questions you need to answer to get the visualization of your space for its use.

For HVAC, what is the capacity? how many will you be using for your building?
- you get the capacity, you get the size, then you can get the space needed.

For Electrical, how many electrical meters are you putting there?
- you get the number, you get the size, then you can get the space needed.

For storage, think about what items will be put in there.
-- you get the items, you get the size, then you can get the space needed.

For waste disposal, think of how many people will be using your facility everyday (average)

these are just guidelines. try to visualize because there are no ideal sizes for these Utilities except maybe for small apartments/houses, but since you have a building which will be used by the public, you need to think big spaces. lets wait for other masters here for more input. I hope this helps you in a small way. cheers and goodluck! thumbsup
ejcapili
ejcapili
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 03/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum