Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help with pc spec for rendering skup vray

5 posters

Go down

help with pc spec for rendering skup vray Empty help with pc spec for rendering skup vray

Post by khadary Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:05 am

Hello all,
I am looking for advice on hardware for Vray rendering specifically for Vray SU not 3DS Max or other. I think this will help more than just me! I would like to speed up my current render times. On my current PC specs a basic image seems to take a long time to render with just default Vray settings (GI, physical camera etc) and a few basic materials and colours. The model is architectural but very basic (2d trees/people and 3d external building facades only, mostly in reflective glass, curved landscape mounding). My questions are more general about rendering times and hardware in relation to Vray SU.
I’m using skup 8 pro& Vray SU version: 1.49.01
My current laptop is:
Operating system: Windows® 7 Home Premium 32
Intel (R) core I5-2410M 2.30 GHZ
4GB RAM
Nvidia Optimus up to 1GB

as far as I know that For applications like Sketchup and Vray you generally don't want consumer/gaming cards (Nvidia GeForce or AMD Radeon) but professional/workstation cards (Nvidia Quadro or AMD FirePro). Even the highest-end gaming cards are slower than professional cards with certified drivers when it comes to rendering.
if you're trying to strike a balance between gaming and design/rendering work, high-end Nvidia cards are better choices than high-end AMD cards. Go with a GeForce GTX 670

so after all I’m thinking of this specs:

Operating system: Windows® 7 Home Premium 64
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2600 (3.4 GHz 8 MB L3 cache )
Memory, standard: 16 GB DDR3
Internal drive 1 TB SATA 6G (7200 rpm)
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670
or
Quadro 2000 1GB DDR5 - CudaCores 192

Here are my questions:
is this specs are good enough for rendering???
and what is your recommendations??

khadary
khadary
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 28/08/2011

Back to top Go down

help with pc spec for rendering skup vray Empty Re: help with pc spec for rendering skup vray

Post by bokkins Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:18 am

Those are awesome already!
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

help with pc spec for rendering skup vray Empty Re: help with pc spec for rendering skup vray

Post by kewl1291 Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:44 am

Pwede na yan sir, imho i'll choose the geforce 670 than the quadro 2000, as you said quadro 2000 is 192 cuda cores, i'm not sure with gtx 670 how many cores it has but my gtx 680 has 1536 cuda cores already, that's a huge gap. besides quadro 2000 is a bit old, you may try to consider quadro 4000 if budget allows it. also, from time to time you will use that rig for other things such as gaming which I do to reset my mood.
kewl1291
kewl1291
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 18/09/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Nayve Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:40 pm

add ko lang sir

-Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Processor (10M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz)
-Motherboard LGA 2011
Nayve
Nayve
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 06/09/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by oby20 Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:57 pm

the perfect setup for 3D rendering would be an i7 + 16gb RAM or more + nvidia quadro.
Geforce and radeon is more on gaming, you are absolutely right about it help with pc spec for rendering skup vray 523692
oby20
oby20
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 23/04/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down