Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SSD / SATA III

+2
oby20
nerie014
6 posters

Go down

SSD  / SATA III Empty SSD / SATA III

Post by nerie014 Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:09 am

good day guys!

gusto ko lang po magtanong kung may impact sa speed ng 3ds max kapag gumamit ako ng SSD ? Very Happy

thanks !
nerie014
nerie014
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 29/10/2010

Back to top Go down

SSD  / SATA III Empty Re: SSD / SATA III

Post by oby20 Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:36 pm

faster in opening and rendering speed. 2x-4x faster depending on your pc specs, no doubt ssd will be faster vs hdd.
oby20
oby20
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 23/04/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by hernandoloto Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:43 pm

read and write are the advantage of SSD , there is nothing to with 3dsmax. the 3dsmax speed and performance will depend on processor, RAM, video card and the numbers of polygon in your max 3d model (to consider).
hernandoloto
hernandoloto
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 24/11/2008

http://hernandoloto.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by oby20 Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:38 am

hernandoloto wrote:read and write are the advantage of SSD , there is nothing to with 3dsmax. the 3dsmax speed and performance will depend on processor, RAM, video card and the numbers of polygon in your max 3d model (to consider).

meron po effect sa rendering, read and write of hdd is also part of any application. specially 3d max, it reads your maps materials and 3d models saved in your hdd or ssd, ssd is faster in file transfer rate kaya imposible na walang effect ito, of course processor and ram will always be the main reason everybody knows that, GPU? not really, sa modelling lang ito. pero hindi naman yun ang tanong, SSD ang ang ask niya, and yes it has effect in rendering speed specially kung Raid 0 setup (2-SSD or 2 HDD combine). buttrock
oby20
oby20
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 23/04/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by princedaguz13 Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:27 am

oby20 wrote:
hernandoloto wrote:read and write are the advantage of SSD , there is nothing to with 3dsmax. the 3dsmax speed and performance will depend on processor, RAM, video card and the numbers of polygon in your max 3d model (to consider).

meron po effect sa rendering, read and write of hdd is also part of any application. specially 3d max, it reads your maps materials and 3d models saved in your hdd or ssd, ssd is faster in file transfer rate kaya imposible na walang effect ito, of course processor and ram will always be the main reason everybody knows that, GPU? not really, sa modelling lang ito. pero hindi naman yun ang tanong, SSD ang ang ask niya, and yes it has effect in rendering speed specially kung Raid 0 setup (2-SSD or 2 HDD combine). SSD  / SATA III 523692

Yes I agree. the larger size of the SSD the better but expensive. malaking tulong kapag SSD nasabi na about sa load up of maps and bitmaps. add ko na lang OT. mas malaki pati ang nasasave nito sa electricity and sa batteries(not plug-in) hindi kasi maingay. walang umiikot na disc. another thing is mas mabilis magboot-up ang system. TS, medyo na phaphaseout na kasi ang HDD. Pero most of the laptops, pc ngayon sa market ay combined. ung ssd pang applications, lahat ng windows files at yung hdd for saving files. check mo na lang sa youtube para may idea ka TS, kas pag SSD malaki talaga ang bilis sa lahat ng applications not only 3ds max. Very Happy
princedaguz13
princedaguz13
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 30/03/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by badongrodrigs Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:27 pm

I've been using a 128gb SSD for a few months now (as an OS drive). Loading speeds have been lightning fast. Photoshop opens up in 3 seconds. Max, with all my plugins, opens up in more or less 15 seconds.

And no, I haven't noticed a significant increase in my rendering speed. And because my library of maps is in a separate HDD, there's also no increase in map loading.
badongrodrigs
badongrodrigs
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 12/03/2012

http://www.theparadoodler.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dyun26 Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:23 am

hi to all !! Very Happy

SSD vs HDD

mas mabilis ang data processing sa SSD which is i recommend to use as for OS, programs (like 3ds max..etc), as a data library for 3ds max maps, mabilis magload sa temporary files nya while rendering..pero dumidepende parin sa laki ng maps na gamit mo.. naka 1K ka or 2K maps, what i mean is naka high-res maps ka..medyo mabagal sya.

HDD mabagal compare sa SSD specially sa 3ds max at Maya, malaking epekto ang speed ng SSD. Sa powerstation ko nakaseparate ang data drive ko (HDD) sa processing drive (SSD)

SSD for operating system and programs (data processing, library)
HDD for Data storage

hope can help SSD  / SATA III 290602
dyun26
dyun26
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 02/09/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content