Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proper way of linking maps/materials

3 posters

:: General :: Help Line

Go down

Proper way of linking maps/materials  Empty Proper way of linking maps/materials

Post by ARNEL_PRO Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:54 am

Good day po ask ko sir kung ano yung prefer na way of linking material/maps sa 3dmax/vray. What i usually do mga master is link the maps each time i merge models in my scene and medyo time consuming kasi i have dig deep sa libraries ko to find that map/material so max can read. for example my first models came from my :d drive and some area from my external storage then i have to link them every time. also how to manage or delete those path? I-share ko narin ito: i usually archive nalang yung file so those map/materials will be collected in one zip, the problem is hindi sumasama yung environment setting so when you open the file into other computer you have to set again your environment. Hope to hear something from guys. thank you very much
ARNEL_PRO
ARNEL_PRO
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 10/08/2009

Back to top Go down

Proper way of linking maps/materials  Empty Re: Proper way of linking maps/materials

Post by 3DZONE Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Put it in one place / folder only, kung nasaan yung project mo duon mo lang ilagay. kukuha ka lang ng mga maps sa mga library mo and i-copy mo lang sa designated project mo para hindi nahihirapang maghanap yung Max mo pag mag-re-render siya. Mag asset tracking or shift+T ka para lagi mo na ma-maintanin na nasa correct path yung mga materials mo. Very Happy

or architecture or anything else,
is always a portrait of himself
3DZONE
3DZONE
Cube Spinner
Cube Spinner

Number of posts : 3834
Registration date : 20/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Proper way of linking maps/materials  Empty Re: Proper way of linking maps/materials

Post by ARNEL_PRO Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:01 am

Thanks for your time sir this is great more power
ARNEL_PRO
ARNEL_PRO
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:58 am

have you try saving your render presets?

render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Number of posts : 3274
Registration date : 27/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNEL_PRO Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Yes master i ussualy save my render preset i thinnk i have 4or5 preset but i sometimes they just dont work fine everytime in every scene, i have to tweak settings still but nevertheless i think it is a good starting point. medyo sa material path ako nagkakaproblema sir. Sir would you mind sharing me an idea how to deal with those invalid path? thanks sir for your time
ARNEL_PRO
ARNEL_PRO
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down