Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mimic

3 posters

Go down

Mimic Empty Mimic

Post by ngusumo Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:42 pm

Nakakahiya man, magpapakita na rin ako ng gawa ko hehe. Made for another gameartisans mini competition, the theme this time was mimics. Mimics, in fantasy lore, are monsters that pretend to be something else then attack when the adventurer goes near them. Traditionally they have been treasure chest that attack when you try to open them, but in this case we had the freedom to create any kind of mimic we wanted. I chose a “hat mimic” that not only feeds off of it’s host, but controls it as well.

Mimic Mimic2sml

ngusumo
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 21/01/2009

Back to top Go down

Mimic Empty Re: Mimic

Post by bokkins Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:29 pm

ang galing ng concept mo dito bro. maganda ang exectution and brushstroke. I would like to suggest some points for improvement. the composition is very basic, the facial expression is ok but could be improved. I'm thinking of a little drama. maybe an old photo setting. or a dark alley background, ung tipong lumalabas na ang parasite kasi nasa dilim na sila nglalakad tapos may parang spotlight lang na tumama kasi napadaan sa isang lampost. But dont worry, This is very good already. Kailangan mo lang ipump up para maging competition caliber. Good luck! 2thumbsup
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ngusumo Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:45 pm

yeah I wasn't trying very hard with the composition. naisip ko rin yun, yung parang walking down the street by lamplight. Yung gusto ko ipractice dito is yung lighting mostly. Mahirap kase pag sabay-sabay, na-ooverwhelm ako. Baby steps lang hehe.

Yung facial expression I didn't want it to be over the top din. Gusto ko kasi majo subtle, yung hinde halata masyado na mind controlled siya.

Thanks for the crits though!

ngusumo
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 21/01/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:00 am

astig ng gawa mo ngusumo! dagdagan mo pa ng expression / action pose yung character 'tama si bro bokkins timplahan mo pa ng unti ung composition astig nayan welcome to cgp kabayan!

Back to top Go down

Post by basky07 Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:24 am

wala akong masabi...isusulat ko na lang..ayus!post more!
basky07
basky07
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 16/01/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: