Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help in using IK solvers, and Skin modifier in 3dsmax (rigging a character)

2 posters

:: General :: Help Line

Go down

Need help in using IK solvers, and Skin modifier in 3dsmax (rigging a character)  Empty Need help in using IK solvers, and Skin modifier in 3dsmax (rigging a character)

Post by mEejan Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:23 pm

Hello Cgpinoy! Smile
im having this problem in using inverse kinematics solvers. using SKIN modifier to connect the bones with the mesh. what happened is, when i move the IK solver it moves but it affects the other parts of my model.
i used bones in rigging my character,
here's the first image, the skeleton and the danbo model i made.

Need help in using IK solvers, and Skin modifier in 3dsmax (rigging a character)  67952145

this is what happens when i move IKs of the left hand and left leg
Need help in using IK solvers, and Skin modifier in 3dsmax (rigging a character)  42026715

thanks in advance po!

mEejan
mEejan
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1149
Registration date : 30/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Need help in using IK solvers, and Skin modifier in 3dsmax (rigging a character)  Empty Re: Need help in using IK solvers, and Skin modifier in 3dsmax (rigging a character)

Post by v_wrangler Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:47 pm

It moves because the envelopes are either too large or the vertices of the other objects are included in the range of a particular bone.

If all you have are rigid object parts, you do not need to skin them but directly link them to a particular bone.

You use skin to deform a single mesh.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Need help in using IK solvers, and Skin modifier in 3dsmax (rigging a character)  Empty Re: Need help in using IK solvers, and Skin modifier in 3dsmax (rigging a character)

Post by mEejan Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:37 pm

v_wrangler wrote:It moves because the envelopes are either too large or the vertices of the other objects are included in the range of a particular bone.

If all you have are rigid object parts, you do not need to skin them but directly link them to a particular bone.

You use skin to deform a single mesh.

sir v_w big thanks for the big help! okey na po, i did what you said, ive linked them instead of using skin modif 2thumbsup

Need help in using IK solvers, and Skin modifier in 3dsmax (rigging a character)  Oryt

thankyou po ulit
mEejan
mEejan
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1149
Registration date : 30/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down