Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

J.I.L. TV Plug

2 posters

Go down

J.I.L. TV Plug Empty J.I.L. TV Plug

Post by jamezsor Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:03 pm

A 30 second TV plug shown in Channel 11 for the Jesus Is Lord Church 33rd Anniversary celebration. I simplified the concept: It's "raining threes" -33 years, theme verse: Jeremiah 33:3, and the guest of Honor, His excellency, President Benigno Aquino III.

Deadline. 14 days. 30% ang pagkakaiba sa original na storyboard. Madami na inalis na effects like rolling clouds and transforming texts. Rendered in HD using mental ray. 3.5 seconds every 24 hours. Buti na lang na-approved pa din.

Di na dumating yung quadro 2000 card na in-order for this. Mas maayos pa sana ito.

I removed the original audio and replaced it with one provided by youtube.

Thanks for viewing.

jamezsor.com
jamezsor
jamezsor
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 09/08/2009

http://www.jamezsor.com

Back to top Go down

J.I.L. TV Plug Empty Re: J.I.L. TV Plug

Post by v_wrangler Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Would have looked a lot better with motion blur and dof on.
Len's flares should be on top of the layers not behind it. The camera shake when the bits pass the camera is spot on although it would have been a lot better if you reduce the translation but increase the amount of peaks in relation to time. Mas mabilis na noise pero hindi masyadong malakas.

I did not notice that each particle was a 3, if I was the director - I would have made it 33 and not 3 for obvious reasons.

Nevertheless, you have your 30 seconds of fame! Congrats!

v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

J.I.L. TV Plug Empty Exactly what I need

Post by jamezsor Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:33 pm

v_wrangler wrote:Would have looked a lot better with motion blur and dof on.
Len's flares should be on top of the layers not behind it. The camera shake when the bits pass the camera is spot on although it would have been a lot better if you reduce the translation but increase the amount of peaks in relation to time. Mas mabilis na noise pero hindi masyadong malakas.

I did not notice that each particle was a 3, if I was the director - I would have made it 33 and not 3 for obvious reasons.

Nevertheless, you have your 30 seconds of fame! Congrats!

v_wrangler,

This is exactly what I need. An expert opinion.

Motion blur and DOF are the two most important effects I have to let go. almost 20 minutes per frame using an entry level workstation. I tried, I swear. hehe. As I've said, 3.5 seconds output every 24 hours using default mental ray settings only. I agree that this needs more tweaking to create more illusion of realism. I never had the chance to do more test renders. only 14 days including concept. I can't complain.

I appreciate your observations. This will be very helpful for me. As a matter of fact, I'm going to show your comment to the client. This is the reason why I was requesting a Quadro 2000 card. Akala kasi minsan ng mga client, pinapagastos lang natin sila ng walang kapararakan. They tend to forget that artists will work beyond what they were asked to do and more. (teary-eyed)

Thanks for sharing.

jamezsor
jamezsor
jamezsor
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:36 am

jamezsor wrote:
v_wrangler,

This is exactly what I need. An expert opinion.

Motion blur and DOF are the two most important effects I have to let go. almost 20 minutes per frame using an entry level workstation. I tried, I swear. hehe. As I've said, 3.5 seconds output every 24 hours using default mental ray settings only. I agree that this needs more tweaking to create more illusion of realism. I never had the chance to do more test renders. only 14 days including concept. I can't complain.

I appreciate your observations. This will be very helpful for me. As a matter of fact, I'm going to show your comment to the client. This is the reason why I was requesting a Quadro 2000 card. Akala kasi minsan ng mga client, pinapagastos lang natin sila ng walang kapararakan. They tend to forget that artists will work beyond what they were asked to do and more. (teary-eyed)

Thanks for sharing.

jamezsor

I do not know how slow your machine is but for 14days I am sure there are ways.

Motion blur: need not be 3D, I myself seldom use 3D MB. I do it in post.
DOF: you can do in post as well. Many ways to mimic either via zbuffer and lens blur or the easiest, a simple gradient masked adjustment layer with the regular blur.

Quadros or graphic boards does not really help you a lot in rendering unless you are employing physics or nvdias' simulation tools or the renderer requires the GPU. What matters most is the CPU speed and the amount of RAM that you have. Or if you have a bunch of extra machines as render slaves, kahit pa onboard graphics lang yan - it will definitely speed up the whole production process.

Looking at the output, I could suggest other ways to lessen the rendering tasks, the earth background could be a single image, the particles broken down as passes - I would assume a 40% (3D) : 60% (post 2D) ratio of the task on hand.

Nevertheless, being able to deliver a movie at 14 days is already a feat yet you accomplished it. Where does good workflow shortcuts help? Well if you had a better workflow than this, you could have saved an extra week and use that improve the creative process. Creative process meaning the total composition and how to compliment each elements with animation.

I am sure that you've learned quite a lot from this experience.

Here's wishing you the best on your next endeavors.

v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jamezsor Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:33 am

v_wrangler,

This is very informative. I really appreciate it.

jamezsor.com

------------------------------------------------------------------
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
-Proverbs 27:17
jamezsor
jamezsor
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content