Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guys need help...

4 posters

Go down

Guys need help...  Empty Guys need help...

Post by Mastersketzzz Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi guys, i really need your help. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. The problem started when the power shot off in the house. Then when it came back, i started the PC and everything was messed up. I rebooted one more time and when the desktop appeared all the icons were missing. The text labels for each icon are there but that's it and they don't respond to any cursor clicks, dragging, cutting and pasting, they just don't respond. Next I noticed that the taskbar icons on the bottom left are also missing. Upon mouse over movement there appears a transparent square where the icon should be but that's it. Those only respond in that way, clicking on them won't provoke any further action. And lastly the start menu will not open either, not with the cursor click or with the keyboard start menu key. I tried resetting the icon cache, restarting EXPLORER from the task manager, tried system restore using two different dates, uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver and even did the repair option with my installation disk. Still no icons or start menu.

I'm at a complete loss, never see anything like this before nor have I ever run into a problem with windows that I couldn't fix with little or no outside support.

I searched around online and found nothing useful for help except this link : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ar/w7itproui/thread/fd5120d7-bb2d-4200-854c-ae9ebcc5e651 but the problem is happens at the safe mode, so i could not fix it.

Please help if you have any idea how to fix this issue. Thanks in advance! God bless.

Mastersketzzz
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 18/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Guys need help...  Empty Re: Guys need help...

Post by whey09 Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:42 pm

Have you tried reformating your pc sir? But let's wait for other members if they have another solution. The good thing about windows 7 is it puts your files (everything) to a folder when you reformat your pc. So you don't have to worry if you don't have a back up for your files. And another thing, buy an UPS sir.
whey09
whey09
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1869
Registration date : 02/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Mastersketzzz Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Thanks sir whey, i'm planning to do so the reformatting. Sayang lang po kasi yung mga bookmarks ko sa chrome pati yung kay misis, di na ata masasave yun, mga references ko na din kasi mga yun. Thanks again, sana meron dito naka experience na nito. Thanks again...God bless.

Mastersketzzz
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Valiant Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:55 pm

did you try removing your cmos battery then put it back after 20-30 seconds? your OS is legit?
Valiant
Valiant
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 25/03/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Mastersketzzz Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:30 am

I will check that sir valiant... Thank you...

Mastersketzzz
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by bokal007 Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:48 am

sir alam ko pwede mo i save ung mga bookmarks mo at ung ibang file. un kasi ung ginawa ng IT namin d2 sa office pag ng papa reformat kami, then ibabalik nya lang. dito mo yata makikita ung mga file ng bookmarks mo.

Vista/ Win 7 - C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\r\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
bokal007
bokal007
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 26/06/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Mastersketzzz Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:26 am

Maraming sala po sir bokal007... i check ko po mamaya sa bahay...God bless...

Mastersketzzz
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down