Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3D Studio DOS Early Prototype

+3
arkiedmund
celes
oRangE.n.GreeN
7 posters

:: General :: Tambayan

Go down

3D Studio DOS Early Prototype Empty 3D Studio DOS Early Prototype

Post by oRangE.n.GreeN Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:24 am

3D Studio DOS Early Prototype
by Tom Hudson

Autodesk 3D Studio release 1 was released in October of 1990. This is a video showing the operation of the earliest prototype for which we have a backup copy, from November 1988. This video shows that the general layout of the software, while being similar in appearance to the final release version, evolved significantly between this prototype and the final version.

We're coming up on the 20th anniversary of the 3D Studio software and I thought it would be interesting to show how far the software has come from its simple beginnings, over 21 years ago, to its current form in 3ds Max.

How time flies...

oRangE.n.GreeN
oRangE.n.GreeN
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1078
Registration date : 08/11/2008

Back to top Go down

3D Studio DOS Early Prototype Empty Re: 3D Studio DOS Early Prototype

Post by celes Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:46 am

hehe. naabutan ko 3ds for Dos 3.0. type ka pa ng c:\3ds3\3ds or c:\3ds3 (as long as may batch file ka na 3ds3.bat) \m/
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:25 am

celes wrote:hehe. naabutan ko 3ds for Dos 3.0. type ka pa ng c:\3ds3\3ds or c:\3ds3 (as long as may batch file ka na 3ds3.bat) \m/

wow! inabutan mo pala yun sir? institusyon na nga!
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Number of posts : 3956
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:34 am

Dito magkaalaman a. tongue

By the way, di ko pa naabutan ito. O&G, thanks for sharing Wink
kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:54 pm

DOS mode yeah, i remember! naging instructor ko pa si Celes sa last day ng basic course ko hehe Smile
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Number of posts : 1715
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:43 am

My first foray with 3D was with strata on the Mac and eventually 3D studio in early 1992 and went on till 1996. I remember exactly when 3dsmax 1.2 came out in Japan and I never stopped...

v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nomeradona Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:29 am

Yes this was my first before 3ds max, but after few tries I gave up. When 3ds max 1 came yun. but unfortunately on and off.
nomeradona
nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Registration date : 22/09/2008

https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:15 am

tutik wrote:DOS mode yeah, i remember! naging instructor ko pa si Celes sa last day ng basic course ko hehe Smile

wow! what was he like? Very Happy
hindi ko 'to naabutan.. yun 3 na ata naabutan ko at puro "tsampektive" at "tsambahan" pa ang tinuro sa akin ng nagmamagaling kong officemate na graduate ng archi sa UST din.

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:01 am

KettleRenderer wrote:
tutik wrote:DOS mode yeah, i remember! naging instructor ko pa si Celes sa last day ng basic course ko hehe Smile

hindi ko 'to naabutan.. yun 3 na ata naabutan ko at puro "tsampektive" at "tsambahan" pa ang tinuro sa akin ng nagmamagaling kong officemate na graduate ng archi sa UST din.

outspoken yan si prof Celes sa ArkiCad...laging pinalilibutan ng mga trainees lalo pag yung Voltes V project nya na'ng naka load sa station nya. i had the quickest 30-min 'advanced 3dsmax' lesson ever. Smile windows-mode patikim lang un kay Celes kasi ung basic course ko (by another prof) is in DOS mode Smile
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:06 am

tutik wrote:
KettleRenderer wrote:

outspoken yan si prof Celes sa ArkiCad...laging pinalilibutan ng mga trainees lalo pag yung Voltes V project nya na'ng naka load sa station nya. i had the quickest 30-min 'advanced 3dsmax' lesson ever. Smile windows-mode patikim lang un kay Celes kasi ung basic course ko (by another prof) is in DOS mode Smile

wahehehe.. antagal na nun glenn.. you were one of the preferred students to be with. unlike ung iba na kahit left click - right click eh di magawa.. :p

OT: would you remember who taught you the DOS mode? was it Mr. Velasquez?
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:52 am

can't remember the name pre, he's thin and he told me he used to work in Malaysia and was part of the team who modelled the KL Twin Towers, a feat during his time already. i was on two-weeks vacation and really wanted to spend the most of my remaining week so i went for a crash course (2-wks to complete). even if i only managed halfway through the course marami na rin ako napick-up at nagpursige nalang afterwards thru DIY. so glad pumayag pa rin si prof and troubled you for a 30-min crash dahil flight ko na pabalik ng SG the next day. sensya na sa istorbo nung panahon na iyon at salamat pre, the lesson was brief but i picked a lot Smile
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:19 am

tutik wrote:can't remember the name pre, he's thin and he told me he used to work in Malaysia and was part of the team who modelled the KL Twin Towers, a feat during his time already. i was on two-weeks vacation and really wanted to spend the most of my remaining week so i went for a crash course (2-wks to complete). even if i only managed halfway through the course marami na rin ako napick-up at nagpursige nalang afterwards thru DIY. so glad pumayag pa rin si prof and troubled you for a 30-min crash dahil flight ko na pabalik ng SG the next day. sensya na sa istorbo nung panahon na iyon at salamat pre, the lesson was brief but i picked a lot Smile

i remember him but his name escapes me now.. buti naman i was able to contribute something kahit kokonti.. saka di un istorbo man, privilege un. to think na when i first arrived in SG sayo dapat ako mgpapaturo ng mga expert techniques. napagiiwanan na ako eh. Very Happy
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:40 am

celes wrote:
tutik wrote:can't remember the name pre, he's thin and he told me he used to work in Malaysia and was part of the team who modelled the KL Twin Towers, a feat during his time already. i was on two-weeks vacation and really wanted to spend the most of my remaining week so i went for a crash course (2-wks to complete). even if i only managed halfway through the course marami na rin ako napick-up at nagpursige nalang afterwards thru DIY. so glad pumayag pa rin si prof and troubled you for a 30-min crash dahil flight ko na pabalik ng SG the next day. sensya na sa istorbo nung panahon na iyon at salamat pre, the lesson was brief but i picked a lot Smile

i remember him but his name escapes me now.. buti naman i was able to contribute something kahit kokonti.. saka di un istorbo man, privilege un. to think na when i first arrived in SG sayo dapat ako mgpapaturo ng mga expert techniques. napagiiwanan na ako eh. Very Happy

tagal ko narecall in fact, post MeshP ko pa nacofirm na ikaw nga si prof hehe...no its my privilege sir dahil you were above the league kaya nga nagsprout ang Mushroom di ba? Smile i'm so glad na inabot pa natin ang DOS MAX, the scanline and all its versions... it's well rooted in us, that makes us even more privileged.
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down