Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sketchup / Vray - Light+Shadow rendering problem

4 posters

:: General :: Help Line

Go down

Sketchup / Vray - Light+Shadow rendering problem Empty Sketchup / Vray - Light+Shadow rendering problem

Post by wtang Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi,

I'm somewhat of a vray rendering noob. I've modelled a scene which I'm now trying to render, but I'm not getting anything near the results I'd expected. I've tried googling the issue but can find no obvious solution and outcomes have not differed greatly despite my tinkering with the settings.

Basically I'm trying to render a scene which is set on the top of my builing; I've created a large number of objects on top of a frame I've designed to simulate the light and shadow effect of light passing though foliage - the unrendered scene shows the light/shadow that I want Sketchup / Vray - Light+Shadow rendering problem 1 but when I render I get a scene with apparently no light, or at the very least no light/shadow detail. Sketchup / Vray - Light+Shadow rendering problem 2

The render I have shown in image 2 is using default settings.

Could someone advise me please?

Will

wtang

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 26/07/2011

Back to top Go down

Sketchup / Vray - Light+Shadow rendering problem Empty Re: Sketchup / Vray - Light+Shadow rendering problem

Post by aesonck Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:10 pm

aesonck
aesonck
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 13/07/2010

Back to top Go down

Sketchup / Vray - Light+Shadow rendering problem Empty Re: Sketchup / Vray - Light+Shadow rendering problem

Post by wtang Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:17 pm

Thats not really helpful..

I have rendered in vray before, and although I'm not an expert I don't think I should be getting a result so removed from my preview in the unrendered view.

Trawling through general tutorials is of no use; can anyone with specific knowledge actually tell me why this is happening? And if possible, offer some advice on how to resolve the actual problem please?

wtang

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 26/07/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by niwrenhoj Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:30 pm

you can also post this problem to vray for su tutorial section.....or ask permission to sir nomeradona to send him a personal message whenever you have a problem regarding sketchup and vray...im sure that he can answer your question regarding this one.....or try to set to check if you GI map is set to sky....if not try to change it...
niwrenhoj
niwrenhoj
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 30/05/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:53 pm

I think you need to add light or sunlight here. Maybe the default setting doesnt have one.
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down