Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2d graphic from a 3d view

3 posters

Go down

2d graphic from a 3d view Empty 2d graphic from a 3d view

Post by darkirender Fri May 13, 2011 5:25 pm

this is a tutorial or another solution to the question posted on this thread http://www.cgpinoy.org/t18435-autocad-2010-zero-origin. this is also very useful in doing your plumbing isometry/layout a problem that is also posted somewhere here in cgpinoy. so here it goes:

software used - autocad architecture 2011 ( also possible on lower versions)
1. first open your floor plan or make a new file and create some solid geometries. in this example i only created a box and a cylinder to simplify things.

2. now make your workspace/model space an isometric view via the view tab on your menu bar. You can use just 1 viewport, it doesnt matter but here i created 2 viewports, 1 in top view and the other in isometric view so you can see more clearly what is happening.See image.

Photobucket

3. on your isometric view go to Home>Sections and Elevations>Hidden line projection then select all the geometries (3d or even 2d) that you wanted to get its 2d graphic representation, right-click and say ''y'' to the command panel, then specify your insertion point anywhere on your isometric view.

2d graphic from a 3d view 2

the final result will be this though i have 3 viewports here:

2d graphic from a 3d view 4

as you can see from the front viewport the 2d graphic representation of the 3d solids/objects lays flat at z=0. while on the top view port it is represented by a graphic drawing in isometric view. this technique is another solution in creating your plumbing isometry layout other than those presented earlier in this forum. so there it goes guys and i hope you enjoyed and more importantly you learned something from this tutorial.. ciao!
darkirender
darkirender
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 23/12/2009

Back to top Go down

2d graphic from a 3d view Empty Re: 2d graphic from a 3d view

Post by karkitektura Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:32 pm

Thanks po sir.. Learn a lot...nice 2d graphic from a 3d view 290323
karkitektura
karkitektura