Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pano po gumawa ng caustic effect from pinlights?

+2
bokkins
dcgo
6 posters

:: General :: Help Line

Go down

Pano po gumawa ng caustic effect from pinlights? Empty Pano po gumawa ng caustic effect from pinlights?

Post by dcgo Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:23 pm

Goodday mga masters...patulong lang po pag-gawa ng caustic effects galing sa pinlights...ano po ba mga tricks nyo?

dcgo
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 12/11/2010

Back to top Go down

Pano po gumawa ng caustic effect from pinlights? Empty Re: Pano po gumawa ng caustic effect from pinlights?

Post by bokkins Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Usually nangyayari yan pag may tubig. I think ang tinutukoy mo ay yung effect ng pinlight sa wall. Use IES Lights.

http://www.cgpinoy.org/search.forum?search_keywords=caustics

bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Pano po gumawa ng caustic effect from pinlights? Empty Re: Pano po gumawa ng caustic effect from pinlights?

Post by dcgo Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:14 pm

Yes...tama nga kayo Sir Bokkins, yun effect ng pinlight sa wall ang tinutukoy ko. Kaya ba gawin yun effect na yun using ordinary rec lights?

Salamat po ng marami sa reply nyo. Sorry na rin po at mali ata ng thread ang post ko, dapat sa helpline pala.

dcgo
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:30 pm

http://www.cgpinoy.org/3d-studio-max-tutorials-f46/basic-ies-lighting-guidelines-t2168.htm

i doubt hindi siya puede sa ordinary rectangular lights, even you use emit from rectangular shape iyong ilaw mo, pangit tingnan.

render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Number of posts : 3274
Registration date : 27/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:47 am

just a proof concept..

Depending on your life priorities, you can technically use any regular lights if all you care about is anything - ies'que.....

Remember that regular maxlights, aside from shooting illumination, can also project images within it's cone. So if you have an image of the ies (there are free ies renderer/viewers out there), you can use that image for the lights to project on any surface.

Pano po gumawa ng caustic effect from pinlights? Testrender

the scene layout:
Pano po gumawa ng caustic effect from pinlights? LAYOUT

and the maxfile (scanline)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9152482/FAKEPROJECTOR/FAKEIES.rar

And just for kicks, here's one using a caustic image projected from a spotlight above the pool.
Pano po gumawa ng caustic effect from pinlights? FAKECAUSTIC

Projectors are good for a lot of stuff, movie theaters, light gels, flashlights, shadows of trees on the ground without the geometry overhead, caustics on your pool and wall renderings, pseudo-textures on flat surfaces without the uvws, etc etc etc.

Of course nothing beats the real ies lights, use if it you can,
if you can't, do what others might think impossible... always think outside the box!

v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nomeradona Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:05 am

v_wrangler wrote:just a proof concept..

Depending on your life priorities, you can technically use any regular lights if all you care about is anything - ies'que.....

Remember that regular maxlights, aside from shooting illumination, can also project images within it's cone. So if you have an image of the ies (there are free ies renderer/viewers out there), you can use that image for the lights to project on any surface.

Pano po gumawa ng caustic effect from pinlights? Testrender

the scene layout:
Pano po gumawa ng caustic effect from pinlights? LAYOUT

and the maxfile (scanline)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9152482/FAKEPROJECTOR/FAKEIES.rar

And just for kicks, here's one using a caustic image projected from a spotlight above the pool.
Pano po gumawa ng caustic effect from pinlights? FAKECAUSTIC

Projectors are good for a lot of stuff, movie theaters, light gels, flashlights, shadows of trees on the ground without the geometry overhead, caustics on your pool and wall renderings, pseudo-textures on flat surfaces without the uvws, etc etc etc.

Of course nothing beats the real ies lights, use if it you can,
if you can't, do what others might think impossible... always think outside the box!

nice trick. subukan ko nga sa vray sketchup to.. TFS
nomeradona
nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Registration date : 22/09/2008

https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:35 am

thanks noms! if the lights do not have projector capabilities, you can just slap an opacity map in a plane and put the plane infront of the light source, just make sure you raytrace it...

anyways, i'm sure you could think of a way with sketchup
goodluck!

v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nomeradona Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:24 am

v_wrangler wrote:thanks noms! if the lights do not have projector capabilities, you can just slap an opacity map in a plane and put the plane infront of the light source, just make sure you raytrace it...

goodluck!

i am trying hindi ko pa makuha.. hinid kasi katulad ng vray max ang su. but i think there is a way indeed. i m enjoying this type of experimentation... hehehehe. i tried yung opacity map sa plane, yung black and white pwedeng pwede. pero ang gusto kung kunin ay i project yung image. na parang lcd projector na may kulay. i will try it again tomorrow.

sorry for the thread starter. we are not pirating your post. so back to topic..
nomeradona
nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Registration date : 22/09/2008

https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:57 am

Thanks V.

Yung isa pang trick is to use 2-3 spotlights na magkaiba ang size ng cone.
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dcgo Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:56 pm

nomeradona wrote:
v_wrangler wrote:thanks noms! if the lights do not have projector capabilities, you can just slap an opacity map in a plane and put the plane infront of the light source, just make sure you raytrace it...

goodluck!

i am trying hindi ko pa makuha.. hinid kasi katulad ng vray max ang su. but i think there is a way indeed. i m enjoying this type of experimentation... hehehehe. i tried yung opacity map sa plane, yung black and white pwedeng pwede. pero ang gusto kung kunin ay i project yung image. na parang lcd projector na may kulay. i will try it again tomorrow.

sorry for the thread starter. we are not pirating your post. so back to topic..

ok lang sir nomer....I'm enjoying every bit of it

dcgo
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by darkwarrior Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:45 pm

ito ang gamit ko nung wala pang IES using gradient ramp pls check my simple tutorial...enjoy