Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omni Light with the new vray sketchup

Go down

Omni Light with the new vray sketchup  Empty Omni Light with the new vray sketchup

Post by nomeradona Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:28 am

when i say new vray sketchup i am referring to 1.05 down. new sketchup are from 1.48.66 up. I found 1.48.89 up as the most stable so far.

in order to clarify some confusion about 1.05 and 1.48.66 up, there is a difference on the default omni light. here is the explanation from asgvis.

In our previous version (1.05.30) we have linear decay by default on the omni light which produce more illumination, because the light has no decay. In this build (1.48) we have "inverse square" as the default decay, which is the behavior of the light in the real world, but it produce a less illumination. In order to start seeing the omni light with the physical camera and with inverse square decay on the omni, you have to increase the multiplier between 50 and 100 in scalar units.

Attached is example of the different multiplier and decay. In the first row you can see the effect of the decay with the same multiplier. In the second I try to get the same illumination to compare the multiplier. In the third row I did the same experiment as the second row, but with Radiant power (W). As you can see the radiant power (w) has less power than "Scalar". That mean that you have to use even a higher multiplier.

I did these samples with the default setting (physical camera). If you are not using the Physical camera the result should be the same, but with lower multiplier.

Omni Light with the new vray sketchup  Omni
nomeradona
nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Registration date : 22/09/2008

https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down