Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to correct tree leaf glowing edges?

+10
nomeradona
render master
celes
v_wrangler
KreativeKingdom
whey09
bokkins
zdesign
archshade02
tsukoy
14 posters

:: General :: Help Line

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

how to correct  tree leaf glowing edges? - Page 2 Empty how to correct tree leaf glowing edges?

Post by tsukoy Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:16 am

First topic message reminder :

how to correct  tree leaf glowing edges? - Page 2 Treecorrection
hello CGP... i have here an image that needs a cure... my problem here is actually yung tree edges.. notice that the edges of the tree leaves are somewhat glowing due to the sun intensity.. is there a way to correct this? ignore nyo nalang yung blue background.. sinadya ko para mas makita nyo yung problem. PNG yung perspective image.. di ko tuloy malagyan ng blue sky kasi lumilitaw yung leaf edges na maputi.. sana matulungan nyo ako regarding this problem.. thanks in advance and Godbless. how to correct  tree leaf glowing edges? - Page 2 Fresse
tsukoy
tsukoy
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 468
Registration date : 02/09/2009

Back to top Go down

how to correct  tree leaf glowing edges? - Page 2 Empty Re: how to correct tree leaf glowing edges?

Post by render master Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:11 am

you can also defringe tools in photoshop here.

render master
Game Master
Game Master

Number of posts : 3274
Registration date : 27/09/2008

Back to top Go down

how to correct  tree leaf glowing edges? - Page 2 Empty Re: how to correct tree leaf glowing edges?

Post by oby20 Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:47 pm

kadalasan ito ay pag over expose ang value ng hdri or yung light cache value na nagbobounce sa object, pag white ang structure mo malakas ang na crecreate nitong bouncing light sa ibang object. since green ang trees kitang kita ito, try mo bawasan yun light cache or yung hdri intensity baka makatulong.
oby20
oby20
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 23/04/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:12 am

i suspect hindi maayos ang opacity maps ng leaves. if that's the case kailangan i-tweak ang opacity map. sharp edge ang masking (walang feathering).

my last resort to solve this is to set all to matte and -1.0 alpha except the trees para ma-isolate ang trees as a layer in photoshop. set the environment colour to a little darker than mid-gray. this color tends to blend well with any kind of background (based from experience). further tweaking the layer in ps by refining the layer mask edge (contract/expand) and feather till you get rid of unwanted fringes. you can even set the whole layer to a little less than 100 opacity (90-95) para magblend ang trees sa background ng konti.

marami pang workarounds sa issue na ito at marami na ring nai-share. hope nakatulong.

how to correct  tree leaf glowing edges? - Page 2 10167288@N07
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Number of posts : 1715
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by aesonck Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:03 am

tutik wrote:i suspect hindi maayos ang opacity maps ng leaves. if that's the case kailangan i-tweak ang opacity map. sharp edge ang masking (walang feathering).

my last resort to solve this is to set all to matte and -1.0 alpha except the trees para ma-isolate ang trees as a layer in photoshop. set the environment colour to a little darker than mid-gray. this color tends to blend well with any kind of background (based from experience). further tweaking the layer in ps by refining the layer mask edge (contract/expand) and feather till you get rid of unwanted fringes. you can even set the whole layer to a little less than 100 opacity (90-95) para magblend ang trees sa background ng konti.

marami pang workarounds sa issue na ito at marami na ring nai-share. hope nakatulong.

tfs! how to correct  tree leaf glowing edges? - Page 2 290602
aesonck
aesonck
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 2448
Registration date : 13/07/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by tipster Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:46 am

you resolved the glowing edges, but the problem is, naging overbright yung image. Very Happy
tipster
tipster
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 25/06/2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2