Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 10 Lies told to Naive Artists and Designers

+11
zildjian
whey09
cloud20
artedesenyo
Akira
Butz_Arki
ronski_g
celes
WURPWURPS
silvercrown
tutik
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Top 10 Lies told to Naive Artists and Designers Empty Top 10 Lies told to Naive Artists and Designers

Post by tutik Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:15 pm

gotta share this:

Mark W. Lewis

(Also see Advice on Becoming a Professional Artist by Jeremy Sutton)
1 "Do this one cheap (or free) and we'll make it up on the next one."
No reputable business person would first give away their work and time or merchandise on the hope of making it up later. Can you imagine what a plumber would say if you said "come in, provide and install the sink for free and next time we'll make it up when we need a sink." You would be laughed at! Also the likelyhood is that if something important came along, they wouldn't use you.

2 "We never pay a cent until we see the final product."
This is a croc, unless the person is leaving the door open to cheat you out of your pay. Virtually every profession requres a deposit or incremental payment during anything but the smallest project. Once you have a working relationship, you may work out another arrangement with a client. But a new client should not ask you to go beyond an initial meeting and, perhaps some preliminary sketches without pay on the job!

3 "Do this for us and you'll get great exposure! The jobs will just pour in!"
Baloney. Tell a plumber "Install this sink and my friend will see and you'll get lots of business!" Our plumber friend would say "You mean even if I do a good job I have to give my work away to get noticed? Then it isn't worth the notice." Also the guy would likely brag to everyone he knows about how this would normally cost (X) dollars, but brilliant businessman that he is he got if for free! If anyone calls, they'll expect the same or better deal.

4 On looking at sketches or concepts: "Well, we aren't sure if we want to use you yet, but leave your material here so I can talk to my partner/investor/wife/clergy."
You can be sure that 15 minutes after you leave he will be on the phone to other designers, now with concepts in hand, asking for price quotes. When you call back you will be informed that your prices were too high and Joe Blow Design/Illustration will be doing the job. Why shouldn't they be cheaper? You just gave them hours of free consulting work! Until you have a deal, LEAVE NOTHING CREATIVE at the clients office.

5 "Well, the job isn't CANCELLED, just delayed. Keep the account open and we'll continue in a month or two."
Ummm, probably not. If something is hot, then not, it could be dead. It would be a mistake to *not* bill for work performed at this point and then let the chips fall where they may! Call in two months and someone else may be in that job. And guess what? They don't know you at all.....

6 "Contract? We don't need no stinking contact! Aren't we friends?"
Yes, we are, until something goes wrong or is misunderstood, then you are the jerk in the suit and I am that idiot designer, then the contract is essential. That is, unless one doesn't care about being paid. Any reputable business uses paperwork to define relationships and you should too.

7 "Send me a bill after the work goes to press."
Why wait for an irrelevant deadline to send an invoice? You stand behind your work, right? You are honest, right? Why would you feel bound to this deadline? Once you deliver the work and it is accepted, BILL IT. This point may just be a delaying tactic so the job goes through the printer prior to any question of your being paid. If the guy waits for the job to be printed, and you do changes as necessary, then he can stiff you and not take a chance that he'll have to pay someone else for changes.

8 "The last guy did it for XXX dollars."
That is irrelevant. If the last guy was so good they wouldn't be talking to you, now would they? And what that guy charged means nothing to you, really. People who charge too little for their time go out of business (or self-destruct financially, or change occupations) and then someone else has to step in. Set a fair price and stick to it.

9 "Our budget is XXX dollars, firm."
Amazing, isn't it? This guy goes out to buy a car, and what, knows exactly what he is going to spend before even looking or researching? Not likely. A certain amount of work costs a certain amount of money. If they have less money (and you *can*) do less work and still take the job. But make sure they understand that you are doing less work if you take less money that you originally estimated. Give fewer comps, simplify, let them go elsewhere for services (like films) etc.

10 "We are having financial problems. Give us the work, we'll make some money and we'll pay you. Simple."
Yeah, except when the money comes, you can expect that you will be pretty low on the list to be paid. If someone reaches the point where they admit that the company is in trouble, then they are probably much worse off than they are admitting to. Even then, are you a bank? Are you qualified to check out their financials? If the company is strapped to the point where credit is a problem through credit agencies, banks etc. what business would you have extending credit to them. You have exactly ZERO pull once they have the work. Noble intentions or not, this is probably a losing bet. But if you are going to roll the dice, AT LEAST you should be getting additional money for waiting. The bank gets interest and so should you. That is probably why the person is approaching you; to get six months worth of free interest instead of paying bank rates for credit and then paying you with that money. Don't give away money.

Now, this list wasn't meant to make anyone crazy or paranoid, but is designed to inject some reality into the fantasy.

You are GOING to be dealing with people who are unlike yourself. Their motivations are their own and their attitudes are probably different than yours. There are going to be demands, problems, issues and all the hassles that go with practically ANY work/job/money situation. Too many times I see the sad example of someone walking in to a situation with noble intentions and then getting royally screwed, because what they see as an opportunity and a labor of love, the other party sees as something else entirely, not at all romantic or idealized, but raw and simple.

How can you deal with this stuff and still do good creative work? Good question. THIS is why an education is important. You learn, out of the line of fire, how to deal with the art at it's own level and also how to deal with the crap that surrounds it. You may have tough teachers and think that it can't be worse, but wait until a business person has a hundred grand riding on your art! Then you will know what "demanding" means. You will then thank all those tough teachers for building up the calluses that enable you to enjoy the job rather than just feeling like it is all a big waste of time!

In the end, working commercially, being a terrific artist is about 25% of the task. If that is the only part of the task that you are interested in, do yourself a favor. Don't turn "pro."
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Number of posts : 1715
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Lies told to Naive Artists and Designers Empty Re: Top 10 Lies told to Naive Artists and Designers

Post by silvercrown Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:01 am

Hahaha this is really true All of it Very Happy , all of us should have experience any of this Embarassed
Like the no. 6, some friends would even go to the extreme of ruining the friendship just to avoid paying a thousand pesos..... Twisted Evil bad... really bad...
silvercrown
silvercrown
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 981
Registration date : 05/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Lies told to Naive Artists and Designers Empty Re: Top 10 Lies told to Naive Artists and Designers

Post by WURPWURPS Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:20 am

sad but true! nasa college years pa ko nung first time ma-encounter ang mga ganitong sitwasyon, share ko lang... inapproach ako ng friend ng friend ko na isang engineer, nirush ako ng 5 araw para tapusin ang 2-storey na bahay, ang offer ko pa nun is 4000 lang all-in-all(mababa dahil medyo nalulula pa ko sa ganun kalaking pera) pero binarat ako sabi nya kung pwede 3000 nalang dahil first proj ko nman yun at masyado raw mataas para sa isang istudyante ang presyong ganun, pero ok lang sakin, kasi nakakatuwa naman dahil baka yun na ang unang design ko na maitatayo, tapos nung sinubmit ko na ang design ko(and take note kumpleto talaga ang architectural, na nawindang ako kakabasa at pagnakaw ng mga detalye sa libro) bigla nalang sakin sinabi na hindi na tuloy ang project dahil nag back-up yung client, pero review-hin nalang daw nya yung mga plano ko! ako naman si tanga, binigay ko yung e-file! yun nabalitaan ko nalang sa friend ko after 2 months siguro, na sinisimulan na yung earthworks nung bahay pero di ako sure kung yun yung design ko. dun ko nalaman na wag na wag ka tatanggap ng trabaho na walang down payment!
WURPWURPS
WURPWURPS
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 349
Registration date : 21/10/2008

http://www.kalyepureza.netfirms.com

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:46 pm

an artist must first be passionate about what he does, be confident in his skills, only then will he be able to see value in his work and impose that value in his business dealings.

it's a sad fate for our people in the design field, very commonly, architects in our country. most clients don't see value in the design process. sometimes the layout and drawings are treated as freebies in the hopes of landing a hefty contract.
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:16 pm

thanks for sharing! thumbsup reality bites Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by ronski_g Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:24 pm

hehehehe... Passion? Who said anything about passion?? We're way off the thin passion line here.... so to speak. This is all about money..... period! I said so because a pathetic passion is often taken advantage and exploited to the hilt by an a-hole client!!!! Passion my @#$%!!!! ..... Oh yes but I do have passion, don't get me wrong.... Passion for a good client that is. Hehehe. If I show my passion for what I do, I make sure I do it for myself, say a good practice..... not for the benefit of, like I said.... an a-hole client!. In fact, I was wondering, Can I start a thread that displays the companies or architects who's I'm referring at?.... Just to serve as warning to other.... should we say...."passionate designer/visualizers".... Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha
not to fall for traps!

PS.
Didn't I just became so passionate in bringing this up? Laughing
Oh yes, I just did! Darn!
ronski_g
ronski_g
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 25/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Butz_Arki Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:44 pm

SAlamt bosing sa pagbahagi/..
Butz_Arki
Butz_Arki
Superbeast
Superbeast

Number of posts : 4081
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://butzoy.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:10 am

ronski_g wrote:hehehehe... Passion? Who said anything about passion?? We're way off the thin passion line here.... so to speak. This is all about money..... period! I said so because a pathetic passion is often taken advantage and exploited to the hilt by an a-hole client!!!! Passion my @#$%!!!! ..... Oh yes but I do have passion, don't get me wrong.... Passion for a good client that is. Hehehe. If I show my passion for what I do, I make sure I do it for myself, say a good practice..... not for the benefit of, like I said.... an a-hole client!. In fact, I was wondering, Can I start a thread that displays the companies or architects who's I'm referring at?.... Just to serve as warning to other.... should we say...."passionate designer/visualizers".... Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha
not to fall for traps!

PS.

excuse me ser medyo di ko maintindihan point nu.. ibig niyu po bang sabihin na kasalanan ng "Passion" kapag naloko ka ng
clients mo?? Pra kasing hindi naman cla related para isisisi cya sa passion.. paki clear naman ser kasi marami kaming
nagbabasang newbies sa 3d dito and baka mamis-interpret namin at balewalain namin ang term na passion.. for me kasi
sobrang importante nito sa work mapa2D or 3D, more important kesa sa pera.... like what mr mushroom was saying...
i really wish i just misinterpreted ur post..
Akira
Akira
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 15/10/2008

http://iloveshobe.com

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:42 am

ronski_g wrote:hehehehe... Passion? Who said anything about passion?? We're way off the thin passion line here.... so to speak. This is all about money..... period! I said so because a pathetic passion is often taken advantage and exploited to the hilt by an a-hole client!!!! Passion my @#$%!!!! ..... Oh yes but I do have passion, don't get me wrong.... Passion for a good client that is. Hehehe. If I show my passion for what I do, I make sure I do it for myself, say a good practice..... not for the benefit of, like I said.... an a-hole client!. In fact, I was wondering, Can I start a thread that displays the companies or architects who's I'm referring at?.... Just to serve as warning to other.... should we say...."passionate designer/visualizers".... Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha
not to fall for traps!

PS.

ronski, im surprised to read your post. i suppose you probably had a bad experience with certain clients, can't blame you for feeling that way, i'd be the first to say that i've had my lion's share of stingy and abusive clients. all i can say is don't let that bad experience hinder you from doing what you love to do. there will always be bad clients, bad bosses, bad employees, bad colleagues even. (clients do not have the monopoly of being a*holes.. we are all human) but that doesn't mean there are no GOOD clients. it is really up to us to say no the moment we recognize the sense of exploitation approaching. but should you encounter a good client, charge a professional fee, but serve him really well. remember, we are part of a service industry, and in the service industry, the client is king.

and in the end we do what we do, yes, because we want to earn from it, but it is still that same passion that makes us go the extra mile to produce really great work. not only do we get money out of it but we get a sense of accomplishment from the job. maybe not all, but some clients will appreciate that and you will be surprised - the rewards will be well worth your efforts.
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:10 pm

mushroom wrote:all i can say is don't let that bad experience hinder you from doing what you love to do. there will always be bad clients, bad bosses, bad employees, bad colleagues even. (clients do not have the monopoly of being a*holes.. we are all human) but that doesn't mean there are no GOOD clients. it is really up to us to say no the moment we recognize the sense of exploitation approaching. but should you encounter a good client, charge a professional fee, but serve him really well. remember, we are part of a service industry, and in the service industry, the client is king.

and in the end we do what we do, yes, because we want to earn from it, but it is still that same passion that makes us go the extra mile to produce really great work. not only do we get money out of it but we get a sense of accomplishment from the job. maybe not all, but some clients will appreciate that and you will be surprised - the rewards will be well worth your efforts.

totally agree! keep the passion burning. buttrock
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by ronski_g Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:22 pm

Akira wrote:excuse me ser medyo di ko maintindihan point nu.. ibig niyu po bang sabihin na kasalanan ng "Passion" kapag naloko ka ng clients mo?? Pra kasing hindi naman cla related para isisisi cya sa passion.. paki clear naman ser kasi marami kaming
nagbabasang newbies sa 3d dito and baka mamis-interpret namin at balewalain namin ang term na passion.. for me kasi
sobrang importante nito sa work mapa2D or 3D, more important kesa sa pera.... like what mr mushroom was saying...

Errr I don't really know where to begin how to explain it to you. Clear as day, you did misinterpreted me. Apparently, you're still young and probably less experienced with this viz biz. But believe me when I tell you that there's really a lot more out there than what you'll expect. Of course we all have passion in what we do, we love doing what we do, we're "addict" in what we do for cryin' out loud! It's just that, would you be more "passionate" in doing something that you're being fooled at? I highly doubt it! Baka noong nag u-umpisa ako mag 3d ganun ako oo dahil nage-enjoy ako. That was ages ago. But now it's different.

I think my point is crystal clear but not to you. You see, most of us here work for a living. That's right. We do this viz biz to make ends meet. I don't think it's gonna be more simpler than that, unless you're too a newbie to get that. We have passion on our work which happens to be our "bread & butter" too. You know what, I just thought of something, maybe you don't need to "make ends meet"..... maybe you don't need to earn something now just to pay on something...... maybe you don't have " a family" to support to....maybe, maybe, maybe. Or maybe you do, you just full of pride to admit it's all about passion and not money..... hahahaha ain't that the most hypocritical statement of the millenium! Rolling Eyes
ronski_g
ronski_g
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by ronski_g Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:29 pm

mushroom wrote:ronski, im surprised to read your post. i suppose you probably had a bad experience with certain clients, can't blame you for feeling that way, i'd be the first to say that i've had my lion's share of stingy and abusive clients. all i can say is don't let that bad experience hinder you from doing what you love to do. there will always be bad clients, bad bosses, bad employees, bad colleagues even. (clients do not have the monopoly of being a*holes.. we are all human) but that doesn't mean there are no GOOD clients. it is really up to us to say no the moment we recognize the sense of exploitation approaching. but should you encounter a good client, charge a professional fee, but serve him really well. remember, we are part of a service industry, and in the service industry, the client is king.

hehehehe... pagpa sensyahan nyo na lang po ako pero meron lang akong gustong ipunto sa inyo..... Lalo na sa mga nasa ABROAD. I guess the most obvious question is, WHY DID YOU WENT TO ABROAD?? To extend your passionate wings further? You can do it here in our very own native soil, you know. Di pa kayo malayo sa minamahal nyo, di ba? I can give you quite a number of people/clients who loves to get to your passionate hands for their benefit.... hehehehe. Yun nga lang, 10 times less or even lesser than that of what you earn sa ABROAD. Have I said and pointed out enough?...... Eerrrrr i think so. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by ronski_g on Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)
ronski_g
ronski_g
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:40 pm

ronski_g wrote:
Akira wrote:excuse me ser medyo di ko maintindihan point nu.. ibig niyu po bang sabihin na kasalanan ng "Passion" kapag naloko ka ng clients mo?? Pra kasing hindi naman cla related para isisisi cya sa passion.. paki clear naman ser kasi marami kaming

Errr I don't really know where to begin how to explain it to you. Clear as day, you did misinterpreted me. Apparently, you're still young and probably less experienced with this viz biz. But believe me when I tell you that there's really a lot more out there than what you'll expect. Of course we all have passion in what we do, we love doing what we do, we're "addict" in what we do for cryin' out loud! It's just that, would you be more "passionate" in doing something that you're being fooled at? I highly doubt it! Baka noong nag u-umpisa ako mag 3d ganun ako oo dahil nage-enjoy ako. That was ages ago. But now it's different.

I think my point is crystal clear but not to you. You see, most of us here work for a living. That's right. We do this viz biz to make ends meet. I don't think it's gonna be more simpler than that, unless you're too a newbie to get that. We have passion on our work which happens to be our "bread & butter" too. You know what, I just thought of something, maybe you don't need to "make ends meet"..... maybe you don't need to earn something now just to pay on something...... maybe you don't have " a family" to support to....maybe, maybe, maybe. Or maybe you do, you just full of pride to admit it's all about passion and not money..... hahahaha ain't that the most hypocritical statement of the millenium! Rolling Eyes

Actually, Akira has a point - you have to write your stuff more clearly because what you wrote about make me do sumo all by myself. It ain't crystal clear. All I can figure out is - you sound to be in pain and hating. And clients can use that against you.

Anyways, have it ever crossed your mind that perhaps there is something about you that makes your client treat you negatively? We have a saying here, "Hito no sei ni suru na!" Literally means don't blame the people around you. The thing is, most of the time - if not all the time - its us who needs fixing, not the pressures around us.

There's many of us here including myself that continue to have passion - and earn money from it. You know - you can have two at the same time.

Mods, btw - if you are going to delete threads or posts, I'd appreciate it if you can just say a bit of whys. Its disgusting to spend an honest hour writing an honest, harmless post and find it go poof without explanation. Delete is power - use it wisely thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by ronski_g Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:01 pm

v_wrangler wrote:I think my point is crystal clear but not to you. You see, most of us here work for a living. That's right. We do this viz biz to make ends meet. I don't think it's gonna be more simpler than that, unless you're too a newbie to get that. We have passion on our work which happens to be our "bread & butter" too. You know what, I just thought of something, maybe you don't need to "make ends meet"..... maybe you don't need to earn something now just to pay on something...... maybe you don't have " a family" to support to....maybe, maybe, maybe. Or maybe you do, you just full of pride to admit it's all about passion and not money..... hahahaha ain't that the most hypocritical statement of the millenium! Rolling Eyes

Actually, Akira has a point - you have to write your stuff more clearly because what you wrote about make me do sumo all by myself. It ain't crystal clear. All I can figure out is - you sound to be in pain and hating. And clients can use that against you.

Anyways, have it ever crossed your mind that perhaps there is something about you that makes your client treat you negatively? We have a saying here, "Hito no sei ni suru na!" Literally means don't blame the people around you. The thing is, most of the time - if not all the time - its us who needs fixing, not the pressures around us.

There's many of us here including myself that continue to have passion - and earn money from it. You know - you can have two at the same time.[/quote]

Hahaha... Looks like you're misunderstood too. But you know what, my quote to mushroom applies to you too. And also, just for the record, I don't get mad to clients if I KNOW i was to blame at, duh!!! Why would I get mad in that, it's my fault... get it?
ronski_g
ronski_g
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:29 pm

ronski_g wrote:hehehehe... pagpa sensyahan nyo na lang po ako pero meron lang akong gustong ipunto sa inyo..... Lalo na sa mga nasa ABROAD. I guess the most obvious question is, WHY DID YOU WENT TO ABROAD?? To extend your passionate wings further? You can do it here in our very own native soil, you know. Di pa kayo malayo sa minamahal nyo, di ba? I can give you quite a number of people/clients who loves to get to your passionate hands for their benefit.... hehehehe. Yun nga lang, 10 times less or even lesser than that of what you earn sa ABROAD. Have I said and pointed out enough?...... Eerrrrr i think so. Rolling Eyes

ronski, it's cool, point taken.

we did go overseas because the opportunity was there. to earn more. nothing wrong with that. "to extend our passionate wings further?" YES as well.

"we can do it in our very own native soil?" sorry i'm done doing full set meals for the price of peanuts. i may be passionate but i don't wish to be exploited. on your part, if you have the skill, why limit yourself? have you considered working overseas? it doesnt mean you cannot bring your family along. statistically, 3D artists are relatively good earners outside of the country.

thank you for your offer with your roster of clients, but since you've highlighted that they are as cheap as hell, then we'll probably just send them an e-card this christmas.. PM me para di na namin pag aksayahan ng panahon Laughing
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Back to top Go down

Post by artedesenyo Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:45 pm

I definitely agree with ronski, the more experience you will have, the more clients you will serve, the more projects you will do, THEN YOU will understand what ronski is bragging about, and believe me, it is really happening, it is true so BEWARE, thanks ronski for everything you have said.
artedesenyo
artedesenyo
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 477
Registration date : 05/11/2008

http://www.colosomichael.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ronski_g Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:53 pm

mushroom wrote:
ronski, it's cool, point taken.

we did go overseas because the opportunity was there. to earn more. nothing wrong with that. "to extend our passionate wings further?" YES as well.

"we can do it in our very own native soil?" sorry i'm done doing full set meals for the price of peanuts. i may be passionate but i don't wish to be exploited. on your part, if you have the skill, why limit yourself? have you considered working overseas? it doesnt mean you cannot bring your family along. statistically, 3D artists are relatively good earners outside of the country.

thank you for your offer with your roster of clients, but since you've highlighted that they are as cheap as hell, then we'll probably just send them an e-card this christmas.. PM me para di na namin pag aksayahan ng panahon Laughing[/quote]

Now this is the response I'm looking! My hats off to you sir mushroom. First of all, I'm so glad you understood. And you know what, we're not only talking about cheap clients here, we're talking all about the different types this thread is talking about. My apologies to the thread starter sir tutik coz this has been off the course of discussion already. Sorry bro. So you see guys, that is just my point.... Like I said, don't get me wrong, I too have passion and wishes not to be treated foolishly!

P.S.
I'm not embarrased by admitting that I had bad clients, and I had a lot! I guess vertex there is laughing his @#$% now just to hear that! Well har har har to you too dude!!! I guess your just having a time of your life noh??????? Rolling Eyes
ronski_g
ronski_g
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by tutik Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:04 pm

it's alright Ronski i guess most of us voicing actively here are already matured enough to know how the industry's system works. keep up the healthy discussion and keep inspiring the 'naive artists' be more passionate about their craft.
tutik
tutik
The Spy
The Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:19 am

not to fall for traps!

PS.

ronski_g wrote:

hahaha i dont really like the way you replied sir, ganito na po ba tlga ang mga "Artist" kapag tumagal na??
i doubt it kasi marami akong nakikitang vets dito na very humble parin and can talk ng walang "angas" sa mga baguhan..
sori "TOO NEWBIE" lang po ako..

Crazy_Lion chiLL out lang ser hahaha...
Akira
Akira
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by ronski_g Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:11 am

Akira wrote:
hahaha i dont really like the way you replied sir, ganito na po ba tlga ang mga "Artist" kapag tumagal na?? i doubt it kasi marami akong nakikitang vets dito na very humble parin and can talk ng walang "angas" sa mga baguhan..
sori "TOO NEWBIE" lang po ako..

Crazy_Lion chiLL out lang ser hahaha...[/quote]

O.T. Well it's because I don't like the way you replied too! Because you completely misunderstood the point! And why do you need nga pala to mention earlier "..... explain to all of us newbies coz we might misunderstood". Frankly, I think you're the only newbie I thought who misunderstood. Hindi angas kid, ang pinapa iral ko dito... It's all from experience FYI. Maybe you live in a luxurious crib so you, of all people, wouldn't know whatta heck I'm talking about. Also, FYI, marunong akong tumanaw ng utang na loob. I even share without holding back, knowledges that I've learnt over the years. But unlike you, I wasn't hypocritical in a lot of things and I wasn't into false humility... totoo ako, specially to NEWBIES! So please.... spare me with your pointers.... Crazy lion... hahahaha

PS
I know you're gonna reply on this but I've said my point and I rest my case. I shall not reply anymore and GIVE RESPECT to the thread starter and it's pointers. Please reply na lang folks regarding the main topic of the thread.
ronski_g
ronski_g
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:36 am

so ur saying because i misunderstood ur post aangasan mo na agad ako?? that's funny now i just realized crystal clear nga cya..

ganito lang yan e, i just asked you na "PAKI explain" to us newbies (FYI: newbies = students, hobbyist, self-studying ones) kung anu ibig niyung sabihin because i know maraming nagreresearch about CG and pwedeng
makamis-interpret.. simple lang un mas malinaw pa sa krayola pero frankly speaking ang angas agad ng nireply mo e...
made me wonder bakit ganyan k magreply sakin, pero kay mr v_wrangler at ser mushroom behave ka.. ????

cgeh na nga tigilan na ang discussion tutal forum naman ito..

peace man
Akira
Akira
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:06 am

v_wrangler wrote:Actually, Akira has a point - you have to write your stuff more clearly because what you wrote about make me do sumo all by myself.

hehehe this made me laugh man..

chill out guys. funny how my word "passion" ignited the wrong one.. Very Happy
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:34 am

Hahaha... Looks like you're misunderstood too. But you know what, my quote to mushroom applies to you too. And also, just for the record, I don't get mad to clients if I KNOW i was to blame at, duh!!! Why would I get mad in that, it's my fault... get it?

Sensya na po medyo bopol ako eh - di ko talaga na gets ibig ninyo sabihin. Akira's comments were exactly what I felt after reading your post. Binago nyo na pala ang sagot nyo. kanina pong umaga medyo di maganda yung pagkasabi ninyo. Baka kako akalain ninyo natutuwa ako sa misfortunes ng mga kabayan ko. Hindi po. kaya nga po andito si vertex - para makibahagi at tumulong. Remember - I am not amused at all and I don't laugh at people's bad experiences, like yours. If I did find it interesting - tutik wouldn't be posting the above and I'd probably be doing something more profitable instead. Wala pong pagkakakitaan dito sa forum. Pero passionate po ako sa trabaho - that's the reason why the wrangler lives in the forum.

Anyways, I'd say and I'd say again. We all need passion - without it hindo po tayo tatagal sa industriya na ito. We'll just be like robots. Hindi naman masama ang may passion, hindi ibig sabihin na may passion ka eh tanggap mo na ang lahat ng pang-aalipin sa yo. Pero because of passion - we can take an extra mile. That extra mile can bring you places. Because of Passion - you don't feel the pain of doing the dirty stuff because you get the satisfaction from merely doing it. Meron pa naman clients na nakakaapreciate ng passion. Yon na lang ang targetin mo if youre searching.

Now, tungkol sa bakit kami umalis ng pilipinas.

Kasi mas masarap ang tubig dito sa Japan eh. Seriously now, sometimes - people like you need to get out of the system. You need to take a quick look at the Philippines and its people from a different perspective to know what might need some fixing. If I didn't welcome the opportunity to learn - I wouldn't be able to point out the things left unseen as I have been doing for years.

While you may be able to spread your wings in the country - that was not the case decades ago before I left. I am glad I did left. If not then there would be no vertex wrangler. Passion - yan ang uhaw. kailangang uhaw tayong lahat so that tubig of knowlege will have its purpose. Uhaw=Tubig, Passion=Knowledge.

Passion. Have it and earn. Its not the other way around.

Salamat po.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:46 am

mushroom wrote:
v_wrangler wrote:Actually, Akira has a point - you have to write your stuff more clearly because what you wrote about make me do sumo all by myself.

hehehe this made me laugh man..

chill out guys. funny how my word "passion" ignited the wrong one.. Very Happy

Passion pre, marami akong alam dyan. pero alam ko mas marami kayo ni tutik na alam thumbsup
Sama nyo naman ako minsan!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:49 am

Akira wrote:so ur saying because i misunderstood ur post aangasan mo na agad ako?? that's funny now i just realized crystal clear nga cya..

ganito lang yan e, i just asked you na "PAKI explain" to us newbies (FYI: newbies = students, hobbyist, self-studying ones) kung anu ibig niyung sabihin because i know maraming nagreresearch about CG and pwedeng
makamis-interpret.. simple lang un mas malinaw pa sa krayola pero frankly speaking ang angas agad ng nireply mo e...
made me wonder bakit ganyan k magreply sakin, pero kay mr v_wrangler at ser mushroom behave ka.. ????

cgeh na nga tigilan na ang discussion tutal forum naman ito..

peace man

Akira, save the energies - I'll give you a private lesson about what passion is all about. And it will be for free. Yon nga lang once you're in the passion court - there's no way out.

Kung ok sa yo - kita tayo sa forum. Pakita na lang natin sa gawa di ba? thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next