Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From sketch to 3d

+17
brodger
tutik
ARIST
atoyzky01
Norman
ortzak
bobpen
bokkins
v_wrangler
arkitrix
Valiant
cloud20
christine
pedio84
Jehan
rica
arkiedmund
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

From sketch to 3d Empty From sketch to 3d

Post by arkiedmund Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:40 am

As the title suggests this is based on an old sketch that i did 6 years ago. I slightly modified the design to fit with the roofing type that i have chosen.

Workflow: 3ds max, vray, PSCS3. No HDRI, as it was not working or the result was not what i wanted. Thanks to sir celes for the critics and for some photoshop tutorials, as i drop dead when it comes to post processing.

Here are the Images:

From sketch to 3d Camera-1a_LOWRES

From sketch to 3d Camera-2a_LOWRES

And this is the original sketch, pardon my manual skills..

From sketch to 3d Sketchscan
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Number of posts : 3956
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

From sketch to 3d Empty Re: From sketch to 3d

Post by rica Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:56 am

hi sir ed...i feel lucky being the first one to make a comment, or may i say, to congratulate you for your work.Honestly, its not like the others that Ive seen here in cgp...there are others which, I can say, is much better than your work...but knowing you and seeing your growth on your 3d works makes me happy...and u have my respect with what you always did.

Just continue your 3d work sir, its good to have someone here who still pursue what they like and what makes them happy. I like the new design which you adopted in your 3d, but the same thing with your hand drawn work, its very good..simple but looks really nice, a real sketch of an architect. thumbsup

Your still one of the best people here in cgp sir...don't stop until you finally succeed on what you want.

Again, Congratulations for a great job. 2thumbsup
rica
rica
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 23/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:59 am

@rica: thanks for the wonderful comment madam, i also do photoreal stuff but lately i've been trying to pursue a style of my own. Hopefully this is one of those small steps towards that direction. Rest assured i'll be doing this as long as fate allows me to.

Thank you very much...
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Jehan Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:04 am

wow ganda po sir ed thumbsup
Jehan
Jehan
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 07/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by pedio84 Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:06 am

nice road map sir arki edmund and clean render thumbsup mas ok siguro if you added some glossiness sa car mo sir.

@ma'am rica: ahehem kaw pa talaga buena mano ha? hehehe
pedio84
pedio84
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1421
Registration date : 09/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:08 am

Jehan wrote:wow ganda po sir ed thumbsup

salamat sir

pedio84 wrote:nice road map sir arki edmund and clean render thumbsup mas ok siguro if you added some glossiness sa car mo sir.

thanks, oo nga ano.di bale, modify ko shader ng car na iyan once magka-free time..sinaksak ko lang siya sa scene...salamat sa pag daan sir.
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by christine Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:14 am

For me, this is so far the best of arkiedmund.. Iba talaga pag inspired Laughing Keep it up sir Ed I know marami pa yan. See you & Rica sa anniv thumbsup
christine
christine
The Bride
The Bride

Number of posts : 1241
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://christinevaliente.wixsite.com/designs

Back to top Go down

Post by rica Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:15 am

pedio84 wrote:nice road map sir arki edmund and clean render thumbsup mas ok siguro if you added some glossiness sa car mo sir.

syempre naman po! 2thumbsup
rica
rica
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 23/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:18 am

christine wrote:For me, this is so far the best of arkiedmund.. Iba talaga pag inspired Laughing Keep it up sir Ed I know marami pa yan. See you & Rica sa anniv thumbsup

hahaha...the best ba ito? salamat...pinipilit lang humabol sa magagaling dito.
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud20 Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:41 am

When you're inspired, it kinda shows off with your work...

I see you're beautifully inspired...
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Number of posts : 3372
Registration date : 21/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:48 am

cloud20 wrote:When you're inspired, it kinda shows off with your work...

I see you're beautifully inspired...

hahaha...inspired neh? i am trying my best to keep up with you all..you guys are so good, i need to level up asap.

Thanks for the short note sir..
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Valiant Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:17 am

nice! it's a good thing you don't stop doing and making 3d. Astig na ngayon ang mga output mo and very competitive Architect! Crazy_Lion Keep it up! suggestion sa framing, you have a tendency to give more space sa road. Try to give more space sa sky and avoid the horizon line at the middle:)
Valiant
Valiant
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 25/03/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud20 Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:42 am

Valiant wrote:nice! it's a good thing you don't stop doing and making 3d. Astig na ngayon ang mga output mo and very competitive Architect! Crazy_Lion Keep it up! suggestion sa framing, you have a tendency to give more space sa road. Try to give more space sa sky and avoid the horizon line at the middle:)
---Ayun yung sino-solve natin master Arkied oh??? Diba nagpalitan pa tayo ng maxfile cause of that darn camview (huwag lang camfrog) na sabi ko medyo parang di balanse sa renders mo... Thanks sir Valiant...
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Number of posts : 3372
Registration date : 21/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by arkitrix Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:01 pm

nice pade,,, hataw ka ngayon ah,,, Very Happy
arkitrix
arkitrix
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 2199
Registration date : 16/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:46 pm

arkitrix wrote:nice pade,,, hataw ka ngayon ah,,, Very Happy

medyo hataw sa downtime, habang walan raket, sana may dumating na bago by next week. Salamat pare.

@Valiant: thanks for the heads up. Si idol kurdaps kasi, pag iniiba ko cam shots ko, nasisita ako eh..hahaha...i totally forgot that i had to crop this thing para di makita yung road...oh well, i'm going to take a mental note of that one. I am still struggling with that damned vray camera. i wished those guys at chaos did'nt invent that, ayan tuloy, some peeps confused it with the idea that when using vray you also need to use a vray cam when in fact during vray's infancy, we were just using max's good old standard cams to churn out nice renders. A fine example would be one of my mentors, enigma, who could churn out vray cam like outputs on a standard cam. Na-mimiss ko kasi yung simple zoom controls ng standard cams, something that is a struggle with these new technologies for now at least. eh, kelangan maki-uso tayo, so there.

Thanks yet again.

@tito cloud: noted sir..naka man's eye view lang yan ngayon...
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:22 pm

Very Nice Ed,

Just a few comments, I'd probably tone down that bluish GI ambience.

Also try to tinker with the roofing materials, right now theyre kind off bland, highly saturated block of color. I'd assume that rather than matte, they'd have some kind of a coating which will probably result in a little spec. Same goes with the car - it looks fresh from the masilya.

If you really like to highlight the road pavement (that's quite a change compared to what I've been seeing here), you might want to balance the composition, it doesn't hurt to show more sky.

If I'd stage the car, I'd put a driver silhoutte on and turn the wheels to either direction. You'd ask why?
So it won't look staged. Some people forget that like photographs, cg imagery can also call attention by capturing a particular moment....

v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:27 pm

v_wrangler wrote:Very Nice Ed,

Just a few comments, I'd probably tone down that bluish GI ambience.

Also try to tinker with the roofing materials, right now theyre kind off bland, highly saturated block of color. I'd assume that rather than matte, they'd have some kind of a coating which will probably result in a little spec. Same goes with the car - it looks fresh from the masilya.

If you really like to highlight the road pavement (that's quite a change compared to what I've been seeing here), you might want to balance the composition, it doesn't hurt to show more sky.

Thanks sir vertex...
The roof-yup, it's just plain color, i wanted to do a clay tile material, i forgo tinkering with the specular qualities of the shader.
The car-i just grab one from the libraries and dropped it on my scene, but i'll be checking the original mesh of that and i'll tweak the shader for future projects.
Ditto on the sky

Thanks sir...

OT: uwi ka naman ulit, and let's pay a visit to tito cloud...hehe
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:32 pm

@sir vertex:
To add regarding the car..tama ka sir, when i was setting it up, i wanted to turn those wheels..as for adding a human silhoutte, i've been damned. The external drive where all the 3d humans are kept died weeks ago. I still need to look for new, fresh stuff from donors.

Such an honor for the wrangler to take notice of my humble work, these are the times when i feel like i must not stop doing these, kahit walang bayad itong ginagawa ko. All these critics, be it destructive, constructive or whatnot is enough compensation for the hours spent in at least coping and catching up with the masters of this craft.

By the way, the sketch is from 6 years ago, that was also the first time that i started using 3ds max, and getting serious with learning 3d.

Salamat!
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:27 pm

rica wrote:hi sir ed...i feel lucky being the first one to make a comment, or may i say, to congratulate you for your work.Honestly, its not like the others that Ive seen here in cgp...there are others which, I can say, is much better than your work...but knowing you and seeing your growth on your 3d works makes me happy...and u have my respect with what you always did.

Just continue your 3d work sir, its good to have someone here who still pursue what they like and what makes them happy. I like the new design which you adopted in your 3d, but the same thing with your hand drawn work, its very good..simple but looks really nice, a real sketch of an architect. thumbsup

Your still one of the best people here in cgp sir...don't stop until you finally succeed on what you want.

Again, Congratulations for a great job. 2thumbsup

SOBRANG CHEESY!!! Hahaha!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galing mo pala magsketch bro. Ngayon ko lang nakita ito ah. Good job ulit. Ibang iba na ang mga gawa mo kaysa dati. And it's definitely a good thing! Keep it up bro!

bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bobpen Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:29 pm

i like this one sir ed! much better to all your previous one. pagaling ka ng pagaling ang thats what i like for you, keep sharing ang lots of tutorials!

God bless!
bobpen
bobpen
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 729
Registration date : 23/04/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:37 pm

OT: me pa sir sir at mam mam pa sila ano....

Very Happy

I am humbled by your kind words but I'm not the majesty - I'm just your typical asshole Very Happy

Sa totoo lang, all we need is an openmind. CG is a neverending battle and a constant field of study. And without an open mind, we will never see the things that we might miss while working on our obras.

I could not help but smile thinking of all the improvements in your work Ed compared to the first time you posted your work. Now I know who's giving you the inspiration....

Last edited by v_wrangler on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ortzak Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:39 pm

Another superb set mastah arkied 2thumbsup from concept to reality galeng 2thumbsup
ortzak
ortzak
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 4555
Registration date : 14/01/2009

http://plandesignvisualize.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norman Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:43 pm

IMHO yung 3rd image masyado mataas yung camera....baba mo pa...lagyan mo na rin ng everchuchu models!!para gumanda!!!Very Happy

but of course!!nakakamiss yung ganung rendering.....i hope natabi ko pa yung mga gawa ko dati......sayang.....ang lupit nyo pala sir ed mag manual!!!

sana magka-competition tayo dito...walang touch ng any digital software basta manual lang then scan!!!!
Norman
Norman
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 3228
Registration date : 21/06/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:58 pm

bobpen wrote:i like this one sir ed! much better to all your previous one. pagaling ka ng pagaling ang thats what i like for you, keep sharing ang lots of tutorials!

God bless!

Glad you like it...speaking of tutorials...Here's a little tip from the one and only sir celes: You can adjust the tone of mood of your image via photoshop's curves. What you do is twaek each of the RGB values in the curve dialog box. I'll try to post a screen cap if i had the time.

ortzak wrote:Another superb set mastah arkied 2thumbsup from concept to reality galeng 2thumbsup

Salamat sir, ikaw din mahusay

f-41 wrote:IMHO yung 3rd image masyado mataas yung camera....baba mo pa...lagyan mo na rin ng everchuchu models!!para gumanda!!!Very Happy

but of course!!nakakamiss yung ganung rendering.....i hope natabi ko pa yung mga gawa ko dati......sayang.....ang lupit nyo pala sir ed mag manual!!!

sana magka-competition tayo dito...walang touch ng any digital software basta manual lang then scan!!!!

naku, pag nagka-competition, magtatago na ako..hahaha...salamat sa comments...yung 3rd image...render ko ulit pag may time..hahaha

@bokkins: hahaha....ikaw yung unang nag introduce sa akin ng vray na yan, kasama si sir tutik, medyo long way na din since that time.

@sir vertex: Aside from that syempre, inspired ako sa inyo, kay sir celes, kay archithekthura, kay jarul, sir enigma, sir bokkins, tito cloud, at lahat ng kasapi dito, both the newbie and the not so new.
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Glad you like it...speaking of tutorials...Here's a little tip from the one and only sir celes: You can adjust the tone of mood of your image via photoshop's curves. What you do is twaek each of the RGB values in the curve dialog box. I'll try to post a screen cap if i had the time.

Sometimes the "S" Curves can be a little daunting.

Another quick tip is to mimic how the white balances work in cameras (as they set the mood as well)

Image>Adjustments>Photo Filter

v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content