Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iacademy or first academy?

+8
neyes_ice
celes
DemiKiss
fpj999
bokkins
boyluya
vinc3nt12
go_jerome
12 posters

:: General :: Help Line

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

iacademy or first academy? Empty iacademy or first academy?

Post by go_jerome Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Just asking.. Is it really worth going to those schools to really improve on being a 3d artist? or all can be learned through the use of tutorials on the net? I'm pretty sure everyone wants to be great, I'm just wondering if it's the right move enrolling.

thanks!
go_jerome
go_jerome
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 07/07/2010

Back to top Go down

iacademy or first academy? Empty Re: iacademy or first academy?

Post by vinc3nt12 Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:35 pm

it helps din bro going to those schools, and you also get to have a certificate in the end, or a diploma of some sort.

pero kung ask mo kung magiimprove ka using the tutorials on the net? i say yes. kasi limitless ang resources sa net. more than you can dream of.

saka mas madami akong natutunan sa net compared sa school na pinag-aralan ko, they teach more of the "basic" stuff.

thats all my humble opinion bro. Smile

Last edited by vinc3nt12 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
vinc3nt12
vinc3nt12
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 22/02/2010

http://adber.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by go_jerome Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:48 pm

i see.. maybe i can just use the money to buy a really good computer. thanks man!
go_jerome
go_jerome
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by boyluya Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:55 pm

Go for Benilde! Maraming hot and cute girls dito for inspiration and motivation!

Pero seriously, if you want to work for big 3d development studios(games or films) in the world, I'd suggest get a degree because they require it. Self-studying along with internet resources is also a must kasi hindi naman lahat ituturo sayo sa school. Iba talaga kapag graduate ka, mas mapapadali ang transition lalo na pagdating sa immagration stuffs.
boyluya
boyluya
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 25/02/2009

http://boyluya.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vinc3nt12 Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:58 pm

go_jerome wrote:i see.. maybe i can just use the money to buy a really good computer. thanks man!

pero suggest ko din if you can, go and study sa mga schools, kasi kahit na sabihin na nating nasa internet na lahat ng kailangan natin, schools provide you with the basic tools you need to know first before jumping in to any programs, magandang foundation din un, since sa school you will not be sidetracked into going into other sites, (like facebooks, yahoo, etc. you know.) primarily focused kayo dun sa inaaral nyo, more of like a learning ambience.

vinc3nt12
vinc3nt12
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 22/02/2010

http://adber.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by go_jerome Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:27 pm

boyluya wrote:Go for Benilde! Maraming hot and cute girls dito for inspiration and motivation!

Pero seriously, if you want to work for big 3d development studios(games or films) in the world, I'd suggest get a degree because they require it. Self-studying along with internet resources is also a must kasi hindi naman lahat ituturo sayo sa school. Iba talaga kapag graduate ka, mas mapapadali ang transition lalo na pagdating sa immagration stuffs.

Yes i want to work for Pixar or develop characters for games! Ok maybe Pixar is a little too much.. pero why not? may mga pinoy na nga na nandoon diba? Question is which is the best school? Thanks man! Smile
go_jerome
go_jerome
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by go_jerome Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:33 pm

vinc3nt12 wrote:
go_jerome wrote:i see.. maybe i can just use the money to buy a really good computer. thanks man!

pero suggest ko din if you can, go and study sa mga schools, kasi kahit na sabihin na nating nasa internet na lahat ng kailangan natin, schools provide you with the basic tools you need to know first before jumping in to any programs, magandang foundation din un, since sa school you will not be sidetracked into going into other sites, (like facebooks, yahoo, etc. you know.) primarily focused kayo dun sa inaaral nyo, more of like a learning ambience.

Yeah, and the certificate after it would be a really big boost for the career! Thanks again! I can see clearly now the rain is gone. Question
go_jerome
go_jerome
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:06 pm

A dream is never too much! It will shape you as a person. If you dream big, you are going to be big, If you dream less, Never expect more.

School plus internet resources, that I suggest. But of course, do only what you can afford right now. Good luck!
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fpj999 Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:28 am

boyluya wrote:Go for Benilde! Maraming hot and cute girls dito for inspiration and motivation!...
hek hek hek Very Happy

@ topic
ok din mag enroll ka para kapag may tanong instant sagot agad Very Happy saka sabayan mo rin ng online resources kasi hindi naman lahat i-tuturo Very Happy
nag inquire din ako jan sa first academy mejo mahal (Maya course), may breakdown sila ng mga lessons kaya kung mejo may alam ka na about sa Maya pedeng wag mo ng i take yun para bawas sa tuition fee...goodluck!
fpj999
fpj999
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 24/07/2009

http://www.reyjoson.com

Back to top Go down

Post by go_jerome Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:46 am

bokkins wrote:A dream is never too much! It will shape you as a person. If you dream big, you are going to be big, If you dream less, Never expect more.

School plus internet resources, that I suggest. But of course, do only what you can afford right now. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice sir! I will keep that in mind! Watch out for my name on the next final fantasy game! haha!
go_jerome
go_jerome
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by go_jerome Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:52 am

Yeah mejo mahal nga. I'm wondering if the people who posted their kick ass works here studied there. Gusto din gumaling tulad nila.
go_jerome
go_jerome
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by DemiKiss Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:58 am

go_jerome wrote:Yeah mejo mahal nga. I'm wondering if the people who posted their kick ass works here studied there. Gusto din gumaling tulad nila.

Nursing grad ako at board passer peru nakapagwork ako as 2D artist at sumali sa mga org. Mahirap cguru pag totally wala kang degree na natapos mapa diploma or certificate. medyu mahirap din pag nagiba ng field mo katulad ko. Peru kung sa pagaaral, best ung net.. sa lahat ng natutunan ko eh sa net and experience. mas nauna ko pa inaral ung Maya kesa kumuha ako ng short course para lang sa certificate.. I would suggest to take the short way na matutunan lahat sa pagaral sa school and then advance sa knowledge sa net.. Sa kin experience ang hirap to start from nothing at matagal, para kang nglaro ng video game ng hardmode agad.. ayun hope this helps...
DemiKiss
DemiKiss
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 28/04/2010

http://demikiss.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by DemiKiss Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:02 am

go_jerome wrote:
bokkins wrote:A dream is never too much! It will shape you as a person. If you dream big, you are going to be big, If you dream less, Never expect more.

Thanks for the advice sir! I will keep that in mind! Watch out for my name on the next final fantasy game! haha!

This is exactly what keeps me on continuing with this career and left my nursing. Smile
DemiKiss
DemiKiss
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by go_jerome Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:55 am

@ demikiss: wow nursing? ang layo ha.. thanks din sa advice! much appreciated.
go_jerome
go_jerome
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by DemiKiss Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:02 am

you're welcome.. thumbsup
DemiKiss
DemiKiss
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:46 am

go bigfoot (dunno if andun pa sila sa cebu)

or if u aim to enter the big league (pixar etc) go vfs (vancouver film school)

still -- i know a lot of folks who didnt have any formal training and yet they are flying in ILM / Lucas / Weta

2 of my former colleagues who are now creative directors in respectable cg companies were both high school and college dropouts.

i guess in whatever line of work, if you already know your goal, school or whatever doesnt matter (take cue from Bill Gates and Steve Jobs).

Still - an education / degree is an INSURANCE.
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by go_jerome Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:47 pm

celes wrote:go bigfoot (dunno if andun pa sila sa cebu)

or if u aim to enter the big league (pixar etc) go vfs (vancouver film school)

still -- i know a lot of folks who didnt have any formal training and yet they are flying in ILM / Lucas / Weta

2 of my former colleagues who are now creative directors in respectable cg companies were both high school and college dropouts.

i guess in whatever line of work, if you already know your goal, school or whatever doesnt matter (take cue from Bill Gates and Steve Jobs).

Still - an education / degree is an INSURANCE.

I had a motto that i used once. " Working for Pixar is not my dream. It's my goal. Dreams are for those who sleep". I remembered back in college i didn't know what i really wanted to do after it. Now my goals are clear and that's to be good in this field of CG.Thanks for the advice! Lucas.. that's something. They must be really good!
go_jerome
go_jerome
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by neyes_ice Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:50 am

fun fact... pinoy ang nag design ng aquarium sa finding nemo, ung volcano definetly resembles mt. mayon. and at the end of the movie meron 3 tiki heads one of which resembles the pinoy animator himself. goodluck sa goal mo, we have similar aspirations but anything close to pixar masaya na din ako. Very Happy
update mo na lang kung saan ka magaaral dahil my balak din ako Very Happy

neyes_ice
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 02/06/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:09 am

ang suggestion ko naman, kung nakapagtapos ka naman na ng college kahit walang kinalaman sa 3d ok na yun,
kung gusto mo naman maging career ang pagiging 3d artist mas ok yung tutorials sa net gaya nga ng nasabi ng iba, mas maraming kang matutuhan tsaka may choice ka kung anung gusto mong topic at area ng expertise lahat yun available sa net, karamihan nga naman kasi sa school panay basic lang ituturo sayo,yung mga basic na matutuhan mo sa knila nasa net din yan.
sa net makakakuha ka ng advance na mula pa talaga sa pro at taga hollywood yung tutorials di tulad sa schools sa pinas kadamihan ng instructors dito hindi naman talaga nakapagwork sa mga studio ng mahabang panahon pag nagtanong ka ng medyo advance madidisappoint ka lang dahil di masasagot tanong mo, karamihan kasi ng magagaling eh di na ginagawang papel yung magturo sa schools(dito sa pinas) kasi walang pera dun.maliban sa goal talaga nila yung makapagshare.
isa pa di ka naman palaging hahanapan ng diploma o certificate ng mga studio kahit sa abroad bihira lang yun kahit isang beses hindi pa ko hinanapan. (mga media/ads company lang ang kadalasang humihingi nun)
ang nirerequire lang yung portfolio at demo reel eto yung mga bala mo kaya ito yung mga pagtuunan mo ng pansin,kaya mas magandang ideya yung pang tuition mo ipangbuo mo nalang ng pc at pambili mo ng pentab .

yung may degree ka na may kinalaman sa field ng 3d bonus nalang yun.
mga cg school dito mahal yung tuition di ka pa sulit.di sulit .di sulit.

kung gusto mo naman magaral talaga ang suhestiyon ko mag-intern ka sa big foot studio sa cebu, pagnakapasok ka dun jackpot yun bro, nagaaral ka na binabayaran ka pa, pang international pa yung naeexperience mo.

Back to top Go down

Post by brodger Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:30 am

I had a motto that i used once. " Working for Pixar is not my dream. It's my goal. Dreams are for those who sleep". I remembered back in college i didn't know what i really wanted to do after it. Now my goals are clear and that's to be good in this field of CG.Thanks for the advice! Lucas.. that's something. They must be really good!

Bro..Dreams are not for someone who sleeps only.how about daydreaming,hehe..maybe goals are more realistic and dreams are much complicated.

btw: go_jerome! good luck for your chosen goal..may God bless and guide you whatever you do..dont forget to pray. thumbsup

Last edited by brodger on Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:39 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : qoute)
brodger
brodger
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1747
Registration date : 14/05/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by boyluya Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:12 am

pressure wrote:
isa pa di ka naman palaging hahanapan ng diploma o certificate ng mga studio kahit sa abroad bihira lang yun

Diploma/degree is needed for getting a visa, kaya nire-require yun ng mga companies abroad para mapadali yun pagtransfer mo doon. Unless talagang super galing and super talented mo, na bibigyan ka pa nila ng immigration lawyer para matulungan ka.
boyluya
boyluya
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 25/02/2009

http://boyluya.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by go_jerome Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:24 am

neyes_ice wrote:fun fact... pinoy ang nag design ng aquarium sa finding nemo, ung volcano definetly resembles mt. mayon. and at the end of the movie meron 3 tiki heads one of which resembles the pinoy animator himself. goodluck sa goal mo, we have similar aspirations but anything close to pixar masaya na din ako. Very Happy
update mo na lang kung saan ka magaaral dahil my balak din ako Very Happy

Cool! I think you were referring to virginia santos. She's going to be here next year! For the 400 year grand alumni homecoming in ust. I hope i get to see her there. Yeah i'll update you man. Thanks!
go_jerome
go_jerome
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by go_jerome Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:19 am

pressure wrote:ang suggestion ko naman, kung nakapagtapos ka naman na ng college kahit walang kinalaman sa 3d ok na yun,
kung gusto mo naman maging career ang pagiging 3d artist mas ok yung tutorials sa net gaya nga ng nasabi ng iba, mas maraming kang matutuhan tsaka may choice ka kung anung gusto mong topic at area ng expertise lahat yun available sa net, karamihan nga naman kasi sa school panay basic lang ituturo sayo,yung mga basic na matutuhan mo sa knila nasa net din yan.
sa net makakakuha ka ng advance na mula pa talaga sa pro at taga hollywood yung tutorials di tulad sa schools sa pinas kadamihan ng instructors dito hindi naman talaga nakapagwork sa mga studio ng mahabang panahon pag nagtanong ka ng medyo advance madidisappoint ka lang dahil di masasagot tanong mo, karamihan kasi ng magagaling eh di na ginagawang papel yung magturo sa schools(dito sa pinas) kasi walang pera dun.maliban sa goal talaga nila yung makapagshare.
isa pa di ka naman palaging hahanapan ng diploma o certificate ng mga studio kahit sa abroad bihira lang yun kahit isang beses hindi pa ko hinanapan. (mga media/ads company lang ang kadalasang humihingi nun)
ang nirerequire lang yung portfolio at demo reel eto yung mga bala mo kaya ito yung mga pagtuunan mo ng pansin,kaya mas magandang ideya yung pang tuition mo ipangbuo mo nalang ng pc at pambili mo ng pentab .

yung may degree ka na may kinalaman sa field ng 3d bonus nalang yun.
mga cg school dito mahal yung tuition di ka pa sulit.di sulit .di sulit.

kung gusto mo naman magaral talaga ang suhestiyon ko mag-intern ka sa big foot studio sa cebu, pagnakapasok ka dun jackpot yun bro, nagaaral ka na binabayaran ka pa, pang international pa yung naeexperience mo.

Yeah i graduated already at ust. I took up industrial design. Natawa ako dun sa pagka sabi mo na hindi sulit. Sounds like it didn't work for you? Big foot.. I better get started on my demoreel!! Thanks for sharing dude!
go_jerome
go_jerome
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by go_jerome Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:22 am

brodger wrote:

Bro..Dreams are not for someone who sleeps only.how about daydreaming,hehe..maybe goals are more realistic and dreams are much complicated.

btw: go_jerome! good luck for your chosen goal..may God bless and guide you whatever you do..dont forget to pray. thumbsup

Thanks brodger! I'll keep you guys posted!
go_jerome
go_jerome
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by go_jerome Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:35 am

boyluya wrote:
pressure wrote:
isa pa di ka naman palaging hahanapan ng diploma o certificate ng mga studio kahit sa abroad bihira lang yun

Diploma/degree is needed for getting a visa, kaya nire-require yun ng mga companies abroad para mapadali yun pagtransfer mo doon. Unless talagang super galing and super talented mo, na bibigyan ka pa nila ng immigration lawyer para matulungan ka.

Yes that's true. Buti nalang nakatapos nako ng isang design course. Pwede na cguro yun. I think i need right now is a company where i can work and at the same time learn. Thanks boyluya!
go_jerome
go_jerome
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next