Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saving Irradiance Map & Light Cache?

+4
Butz_Arki
cloud20
render master
jomzkie23
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Saving Irradiance Map & Light Cache? - Page 2 Empty Saving Irradiance Map & Light Cache?

Post by jomzkie23 Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:04 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi CGPeeps lalo na sa mga master sa subject na ito.
Ask ko lang po kung bakit hindi nagrerender ng tama sa final output after saving irrmap at lmap.
Ganito po paraan ko ng pagsave bk ksi mali kaya hindi nagrerender ng tama at meron area na black sa final render ko.

Ang mga sumusunod lang usually binabago ko pero the rest pare-parehas na settings;

First rendering;
Image size = 1000x800pixel
Antaliasing = fixed+area
irradiance map = single frame ( +save irrmap )
Light cache = save lmap

Second rendering;
Image size = 2000x1600pixel
Antaliasing = adaptive qmc+mitchel traveli
irradiance map = from file ( saved irrmap )
Light cache = from file (saved lmap)

Any tips nmn mga bro kung ano ang mga dapat at hindi dapat galawin sa settings
ng mga materials,lights at render rollout kapag ginagamit ang ganitong paraan ng rendering.

Tnx in advance at mabuhay ang CGP.. Very Happy
jomzkie23
jomzkie23
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Saving Irradiance Map & Light Cache? - Page 2 Empty Re: Saving Irradiance Map & Light Cache?

Post by Guest Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:54 am

orcgod wrote:my experience was, after i calculated IM and LC, then render the final output, i saw some mesh floating, kasi na overlook ko, so i tried moving some mesh, then i go straight to render it without calculating IM and LC again, looks ok, pero when it comes to that frame na may na move ako na object, medyo may konting wierd na darkspot.

As I mentioned irradiance is what the camera sees duirng the precalc.
This is not an error. This is bound to happen because your procedure is wrong in the first place ( translating meshes after precalc).

Back to top Go down

Saving Irradiance Map & Light Cache? - Page 2 Empty Re: Saving Irradiance Map & Light Cache?

Post by arkiedmund Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:01 am

sir vertex....

Tama ba yung ginagawa ko?

Pag nagca-calculate na ako for a final render, I drop my image size to 100x75 pixels, tapos i just set the renderer to skip the rendering of the final image. After saving my LC and Irradiance map, saka ko na i-set sa actual image size na kelangan ko.

This way, mabilis lang yung calculation ko.
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Number of posts : 3956
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:20 am

Arkie,

Well that was correct - that was the hack to save memory during the pre-1.5 days.

It doesn't hurt to disable max's vfb too.

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:25 am

v_wrangler wrote:Arkie,

Well that was correct - that was the hack to save memory during the pre-1.5 days.

It doesn't hurt to disable max's vfb too.

vfb....? vray frame buffer po ba yan...hehehe..pardon my ignorance with some techno jargon pertaining to 3ds max, and it's related applications...hehehe...
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:29 am

Pasensya na po . Ibig kong sabihin yong default Rendered Frame Window ng Max. Sumisipsip po iyan ng memory parang bampira.

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:35 am

v_wrangler wrote:Pasensya na po . Ibig kong sabihin yong default Rendered Frame Window ng Max. Sumisipsip po iyan ng memory parang bampira.

ay...yung default render window pala ng max..so, It would be better to use vray's default render window...i have yet to try that one out...Very Happy
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by ronski_g Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:52 pm

Hi jomzkie! Just read this and to my understanding, are you simply referring to the right handle of "BAKED LIGHT or PRE CALC"? BTW, it means pre calculating G.I. solutions in the scene, before you final render it. Also I seem to miss another option on your conversation here that never mentioned, don't forget to check the "don't render the final image" before you start baking.
Yes, everyone said here about not doing anything else "AFTER" baking is true.
ronski_g
ronski_g
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 25/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:55 pm

Yes, to save time - you might want to enable "don't render final image" as mentioned by Archiemund a few posts above.

Back to top Go down

Post by ronski_g Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:57 pm

arkiedmund wrote:sir vertex....

Tama ba yung ginagawa ko?

Pag nagca-calculate na ako for a final render, I drop my image size to 100x75 pixels, tapos i just set the renderer to skip the rendering of the final image. After saving my LC and Irradiance map, saka ko na i-set sa actual image size na kelangan ko.

This way, mabilis lang yung calculation ko.

Hi mon! Hahaha I know what you mean, It's kinda like cheating your way out to a splendid hi res presentation... Pero "a wise man once told me na mortal sin" daw yan hehehehe.... Medyo lakihan mo naman daw yung 100x75 mo.. hehehe maski ata sa 320x240 pwede na.. hehehe
ronski_g
ronski_g
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 25/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:13 pm

@ronski: pwede rin, kaso sa bagal ng makina ko, di pwedeng ganun..or else, magdamag na akong mag aantay ng image ko. Kaya, stick to what is working for me na muna ako in the meantime.
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by jomzkie23 Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:58 am

Thanks for sharing your knowledge mga CGPeeps regarding sa topic na ito.
Marami akong natutunan at sa lahat ng nagparticipate maraming salamat sa inyo..More power CGPinoy Very Happy
jomzkie23
jomzkie23
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2