Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My First Matte

+5
ARCHITHEKTHURA
cloud20
v_wrangler
lobsang rampa
ymhon
9 posters

Go down

My First Matte Empty My First Matte

Post by ymhon Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:16 am

Though not my first time to use Photoshop but this is my first time to do a matte painting. Comments and critiques are all welcome for improvements, I'm still on the process of learning it. Thank you po. Very Happy
My First Matte Matte_10

Last edited by ymhon on Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
ymhon
ymhon
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Back to top Go down

My First Matte Empty Re: My First Matte

Post by lobsang rampa Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:04 pm

pure painting ba 'to sir?
lobsang rampa
lobsang rampa
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 13/09/2009

http://www.3delestre.zxq.net

Back to top Go down

Post by lobsang rampa Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:38 pm

ok 'yung incorporation ng ibang elements sir...ganito pala ang matte painting... thumbsup
lobsang rampa
lobsang rampa
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 13/09/2009

http://www.3delestre.zxq.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ymhon Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:08 am

lobsang rampa wrote:pure painting ba 'to sir?

nope sir. actually matatawag nga syang photomanipulation.LOL i painted some of them especially sa sky part. still on my learning curve on matte painting. natuwa lang po ako sa paggawa.
ymhon
ymhon
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by ymhon Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:10 am

lobsang rampa wrote:ok 'yung incorporation ng ibang elements sir...ganito pala ang matte painting... thumbsup

thanks sir. bale i'm still on my learning curve. Smile
ymhon
ymhon
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:03 pm

I remember commenting on this yesterday and it's gone again. Somebody made magic again?
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud20 Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:30 pm

v_wrangler wrote:I remember commenting on this yesterday and it's gone again. Somebody made magic again?

Must be a magician's group around here... Wanna flush em out? tongue
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Number of posts : 3372
Registration date : 21/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:55 pm

v_wrangler wrote:I remember commenting on this yesterday and it's gone again. Somebody made magic again?

What do you mean sir Roy?May nag delete ng reply mo?? Question

ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 05/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:01 am

di ko alam eh. What a glitch. All I know is - nagcomment ako kahapon but when I checked this morning wala na sya. Anyways, I'll just repost from memory:

"If the second image is the original reference and the first one is the PS manipulated version, the reflections of elements were either off or missing.

The structure on the left and the background waterfalls should at least show up on the water reflections. The color of the water comes from the particles underneath and its environment, so that means if you have a bright background, that would have an effect on the water either as a color or as a reflection - which is missing from the first image."

Do not forget to emphasize distance either by way of adding subtle fog or depth of field
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:54 am

hmmm.Baka site error lang sir. Not sure as well. Inform nyo na lng kami if ever na maulit ulit and we will check for it.Thanks.. thumbsup

By the way sorry Yhmon for ot replies here sa thread mo. As much as i want to comment sa work mo i dont have technical knowledge sa matt. Looking at your work,its really good for me. If this is done in 3d it is really a very good one.Keep it up.

thumbsup

ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 05/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by ymhon Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:07 am

v_wrangler wrote:di ko alam eh. What a glitch. All I know is - nagcomment ako kahapon but when I checked this morning wala na sya. Anyways, I'll just repost from memory:

"If the second image is the original reference and the first one is the PS manipulated version, the reflections of elements were either off or missing.

The structure on the left and the background waterfalls should at least show up on the water reflections. The color of the water comes from the particles underneath and its environment, so that means if you have a bright background, that would have an effect on the water either as a color or as a reflection - which is missing from the first image."

Do not forget to emphasize distance either by way of adding subtle fog or depth of field

Thank you sir for the comment. This will be helpful. I'll take note of them. About the post you've made recently, baka po site error lang po. Thanks again Sir.
ymhon
ymhon
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by ymhon Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:08 am

ARCHITHEKTHURA wrote:hmmm.Baka site error lang sir. Not sure as well. Inform nyo na lng kami if ever na maulit ulit and we will check for it.Thanks.. thumbsup

By the way sorry Yhmon for ot replies here sa thread mo. As much as i want to comment sa work mo i dont have technical knowledge sa matt. Looking at your work,its really good for me. If this is done in 3d it is really a very good one.Keep it up.

thumbsup

It's okay. Thank you for dropping by on my post. Very Happy
ymhon
ymhon
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by eyecon01 Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:17 am

Good one YHMOM, this work might be a bit more stylized than the style I am used too. I guess sir vertex already said all the stuff that I need to comment.

But with regards sa sinabi ni sir vertex, I think tehe problem here with reflection and light comes from the reference image itself. Kasi yung image na ginamit mu is an HDR image, kayat medyo bright and balanced lahat. I would not say this is wrong but it would be a bit off kasi HDR images in itself is art, and its not "photo" real, and we usually are used to photo real images.
eyecon01
eyecon01
CGP MatPinter
CGP MatPinter

Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 26/12/2008

http://ericdmatte.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff MD Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:38 pm

I think you have colour corrected the image all at once here, bro, after making all those changes. check your blacks in your foreground and midground, halos pantay na. The image turned out flat parang isang dead-end place na, unlike the previous one na may lalim.

the original image is lit GI like, the way the final mattepainting ended up, medyo labo labo na light source. even the way your structure was strongly lit, sa left side eh lakas pa rin ng light source nya sa front.

I noticed that 45 degree plane, medyo naging mali the way you created the new lighting for it. You used the dodge tool right? nabigyan kasi sya ng extreme highlights and a shape that deviates it from the original flat looking side. one tip to do so is to copy it, put curves adjustment layer with a clipping mask, crank up the curves and put gradient masking and lower down your layer opacity. this will preserve the shape.
Jeff MD
Jeff MD
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 29/09/2008

http://www.TheArtofJeffMD.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ymhon Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:40 am

eyecon01 wrote:Good one YHMOM, this work might be a bit more stylized than the style I am used too. I guess sir vertex already said all the stuff that I need to comment.

But with regards sa sinabi ni sir vertex, I think tehe problem here with reflection and light comes from the reference image itself. Kasi yung image na ginamit mu is an HDR image, kayat medyo bright and balanced lahat. I would not say this is wrong but it would be a bit off kasi HDR images in itself is art, and its not "photo" real, and we usually are used to photo real images.

Salamat po ng marami for the tips. I'll take note po yan master erik. maraming salamat po...
ymhon
ymhon
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by ymhon Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:44 am

Jeff MD wrote:I think you have colour corrected the image all at once here, bro, after making all those changes. check your blacks in your foreground and midground, halos pantay na. The image turned out flat parang isang dead-end place na, unlike the previous one na may lalim.

the original image is lit GI like, the way the final mattepainting ended up, medyo labo labo na light source. even the way your structure was strongly lit, sa left side eh lakas pa rin ng light source nya sa front.

I noticed that 45 degree plane, medyo naging mali the way you created the new lighting for it. You used the dodge tool right? nabigyan kasi sya ng extreme highlights and a shape that deviates it from the original flat looking side. one tip to do so is to copy it, put curves adjustment layer with a clipping mask, crank up the curves and put gradient masking and lower down your layer opacity. this will preserve the shape.

oooooo dami ko pa talagang kakaining bigas. thank you po for the time helping out. i really appreciate it. ill take note of that po. thanks again...
ymhon
ymhon
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by zdesign Sun May 09, 2010 6:08 am

reflection lang sa water cguro ang nakikita kung wala dito,anyway galing pa rin!
zdesign
zdesign
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 3768
Registration date : 09/12/2009

https://zdesigninfo.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmaximus Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:34 am

bro, nakita ko yong second matte mo first, and i can say this was also great as a first attempt:D medyo naeenganyo tuloy ako sumubok ng matte painting, congratulations kapatid, more power!

Last edited by seanmaximus on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
seanmaximus
seanmaximus
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 06/05/2009

http://seanmaximus.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down