Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats happening in DUbai?

+10
3DZONE
scorpion21
jenaro
mammoo_03
AUSTRIA
render master
moothe
kurdaps!
arkiedmund
nomeradona
14 posters

:: General :: Tambayan

Go down

Whats happening in DUbai? Empty Whats happening in DUbai?

Post by nomeradona Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:56 pm

grabe talaga impact ng economic meltdown ng dubai sa asian market no. anyway hope yung mga kapwa pilipino jan ay surviving. I have a friend there na wala na daw sila project jan...
nomeradona
nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Registration date : 22/09/2008

https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down

Whats happening in DUbai? Empty Re: Whats happening in DUbai?

Post by arkiedmund Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:58 pm

Curious din akong malaman. What's the real score on this news...hope everyone is fine there..
arkiedmund
arkiedmund
Manager
Manager

Number of posts : 3956
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:07 pm

What you hear/read is true. Economic meltdown is eating Dubai since it started a year back. Di nakabangon, it fact lumalala pa. I knew a lot of Kababayan na nawalan ng trabaho at umuwi. Yun iba naman never give up and searching for chances so they preferred to stay.

Have faith in HIM, prayers lang talaga. Makakabangon din tayo hindi lang sa Dubai.....kundi sa buong mundo.

"Love can move mountains but prayers can move the Lord"
kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Number of posts : 5060
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.sherwinboston.com

Back to top Go down

Post by moothe Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:10 pm

cguro most of asian country suffer in economic meltdown..pero mukhang iba dito sa india...hindi ganun ka grabeh..strong parin ang economy nila.they are continue growing..

about dubai...sana nga okey ang lahat ng filipino don..sana walang nawawalan ng trabaho bawat araw.
moothe
moothe
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 21/06/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by nomeradona Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:14 pm

kurdaps! wrote:What you hear/read is true. Economic meltdown is eating Dubai since it started a year back. Di nakabangon, it fact lumalala pa. I knew a lot of Kababayan na nawalan ng trabaho at umuwi. Yun iba naman never give up and searching for chances so they preferred to stay.
Have faith in HIM, prayers lang talaga. Makakabangon din tayo hindi lang sa Dubai.....kundi sa buong mundo.

We will bring this in our prayer group bro. but i beleive in all our circumstances, these are meant for good. we just dont understand when they are happeing. the good thing is we begin to depend on HIm when everything is gone, because we cant control them. so keep hanging.... Very Happy
nomeradona
nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Registration date : 22/09/2008

https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:32 pm

nomeradona wrote:
kurdaps! wrote:What you hear/read is true. Economic meltdown is eating Dubai since it started a year back. Di nakabangon, it fact lumalala pa. I knew a lot of Kababayan na nawalan ng trabaho at umuwi. Yun iba naman never give up and searching for chances so they preferred to stay.

We will bring this in our prayer group bro. but i beleive in all our circumstances, these are meant for good. we just dont understand when they are happeing. the good thing is we begin to depend on HIm when everything is gone, because we cant control them. so keep hanging.... Very Happy

I will..we will brod. Kung di siguro, matagal na akong wala sa Dubai. Laughing

Thanks..

We will wait for some CGPians here in Dubai to contribute their thoughts. Thanks for the thread.
kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:37 pm

just sharing this
Secret Dubai Diary
The Dark Side of Dubai

More here
Global Economic Crisis Hits Dubai
Laid-Off Foreigners Flee as Dubai Spirals Down
High-Rolling Dubai Economy Comes Down To Earth
Global woes hit Dubai's fragile economy

Last edited by render master on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:36 am; edited 2 times in total
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Number of posts : 3274
Registration date : 27/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:44 pm

render master wrote:just sharing this
The Dark Side of Dubai

So true Article. Thanks for sharing Nel.

Site is blocked here.
Secret Dubai Diary
kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:45 pm

I hope Sir Mammoo read this thread, I know he has something to share with. Very Happy
kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:52 pm

kurdaps! wrote:
Site is blocked here.
Secret Dubai Diary

Ganun ba...anyway here are some of the articles there

From Vision™️ to nightmare
It was October 2003; the setting was the recently opened Madinat Jumeirah, its lobby strewn with even more rose-petals and incense-bearers than usual. For the weary Dubai hack pack, lured there by the anticipation of free Jumeirah International catering and yet another laser-etched paperweight or pleather business folder, it was clear that Sheikhliness was afoot.

Sharpened pencils and reporters' notebooks were readied as the crowds descended the elevator into the press conference room. It was packed to the rafters. As well as journalists there were endless VIP guests, businesspeople and white-robed members of the royal retinue.

This was an era of great works of Vision™️ - from Dubai Internet City and Media City to Dubai International Financial Centre. The emirate was growing, it was the start of the boom. People were excited about Dubai, they were anticipating great things. So far everything made sense. The direction was clear. Trade, commerce, technology: all areas that Dubai already did or likely could excel at.

And then a lengthy video played, introducing Dubailand. Endless CGI scenes of housing developments were intercut with stock footage of theme parks and shots of Dubai. It was more bewildering than impressive. As it went on, it made progressively less sense. The accompanying speech was no more enlightening.

As the media shuffled out, and started swapping notes, one thing became clear. Everyone had been left with a strange, prevailing sensation of tackiness. (According to one source in a production company that didn't win the bid, the video was made on the cheap in Asia). Nonetheless, this was an era when everyone believed in Dubai, and when everyone - local or expat - wanted to believe in Dubai.

But no one understood Dubailand. Other than that it appeared to be connected to tourism, it didn't seem very well defined. And its history has been one of cancellations, cover-ups, shifting goalposts. There was this article by ITP (link goes to archived pdf): "Projects worth billions of dollars have been shelved on the massive Dubailand development" - it was hastily pulled from the web, despite containing quotes from a senior official. Its assertions were never corrected or denied. As one source says in the banned article: "Many [projects] were unfeasible and impractical - the numbers just didn’t work, and they were simply shrouded by the glitz of the idea."

Looking back, Dubailand is perhaps the defining moment when the Vision™️ first faltered. Let us not forget what we were told that day, these are the words of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum:

"I would like to tell capitalists that Dubai does not need investors, investors need Dubai and I tell you that the risk lies not in using your money but in letting it pile up. It is dormant and dead if it is merely a figure in an account. I tell them not to hold onto it and kill it in safes, let it breathe and be active because money is like water - if you lock it up, it becomes stagnant and foul-smelling, but if you let it flow, it stays fresh. If it does not flow, it will become stagnant and its colour will change. When I encourage you to invest, I am not asking you to put your money into a fire - I guarantee that your money will be invested in carefully studied projects. I want to be frank with you - I have the courage to take decisions and to bear the responsibility for the consequences. Do you have the courage to be frank and decisive?"
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Number of posts : 3274
Registration date : 27/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by kurdaps! Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:57 pm

Thanks Nel.
kurdaps!
kurdaps!
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AUSTRIA Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:53 am

I remember 5 years ago I pray to God na dalhin niya ako sa lugar na kung saan mag work ako
at hindi malayo sa kanya. Then after that napadpad ako dito sa Abu Dhabi UAE and I ask myself bakit kaya
di ako sa Dubai dinala ni lord mas malaki ang sahod dun. After 5 years nalaman ko ang kasagutan at
God is good ang dating Abu Dhabi na tinatawanan ng mga classmates ko ay ang lugar na tumutulong ngayon
sa Problema ng Dubai. Abu dhabi ngayon ang takbuhan ng Dubai subrang dami na ng tao dito ngayon,
grabe ang traffic, bilis ng pagtaas ng accomodation. I think kaya nakaka survive ngayon ang Dubai dahil
sa Abu Dhabi sila na ang nagpapatuloy ngayon ng Dubai Metro at nagbabayad ng utang ng Dubai.
Isa sa hawak namin Project ngayon sa Abu Dhabi ang Saadiyat Beach its a huge project grabe pinag isipan
talaga from accessibility,Underground halos ang way papuntang City to minimize traffic flows. Tapos kung
sino sino ba maka afford ng Villa from ordinary Person to VIP Person naka Design ang Villa.
Unlike Dubai tayo sila ng tayo ng building di naman maka afford ang Tao sa laki ng Renta ng bahay.
So I think naging lesson talaga ng Abu Dhabi ang Dubai at sana matuto na tlaga sila sa nangyari.
Most of my friend nag ta-travel sila everyday from dubai to Abudhabi kasi nandito ang Project nila.

I pray to God din na maka surivive ang mga kababayan natin diyan sa Dubai!!!!!!!
AUSTRIA
AUSTRIA
CGP Le Corbusier
CGP Le Corbusier

Number of posts : 2422
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mammoo_03 Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:55 am

thanks sir sherwin, eto yesterdays news in bbc world/middle east, ex boss ko ito.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8381363.stm
mammoo_03
mammoo_03
The Exhibitioner
The Exhibitioner

Number of posts : 2417
Registration date : 20/09/2008

http://www.coroflot.com/archmlcm

Back to top Go down

Post by jenaro Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:24 am

AUSTRIA wrote:I remember 5 years ago I pray to God na dalhin niya ako sa lugar na kung saan mag work ako
at hindi malayo sa kanya. Then after that napadpad ako dito sa Abu Dhabi UAE and I ask myself bakit kaya
di ako sa Dubai dinala ni lord mas malaki ang sahod dun. After 5 years nalaman ko ang kasagutan at
God is good ang dating Abu Dhabi na tinatawanan ng mga classmates ko ay ang lugar na tumutulong ngayon
sa Problema ng Dubai. Abu dhabi ngayon ang takbuhan ng Dubai subrang dami na ng tao dito ngayon,
grabe ang traffic, bilis ng pagtaas ng accomodation. I think kaya nakaka survive ngayon ang Dubai dahil
sa Abu Dhabi sila na ang nagpapatuloy ngayon ng Dubai Metro at nagbabayad ng utang ng Dubai.
Isa sa hawak namin Project ngayon sa Abu Dhabi ang Saadiyat Beach its a huge project grabe pinag isipan
talaga from accessibility,Underground halos ang way papuntang City to minimize traffic flows. Tapos kung
sino sino ba maka afford ng Villa from ordinary Person to VIP Person naka Design ang Villa.
Unlike Dubai tayo sila ng tayo ng building di naman maka afford ang Tao sa laki ng Renta ng bahay.
So I think naging lesson talaga ng Abu Dhabi ang Dubai at sana matuto na tlaga sila sa nangyari.
Most of my friend nag ta-travel sila everyday from dubai to Abudhabi kasi nandito ang Project nila.
I pray to God din na maka surivive ang mga kababayan natin diyan sa Dubai!!!!!!!
soo true bro...kahit malaki sahod sa dubai aanhin mo naman un kung di naman stable.kaya ngtyaga ako sa mababang offer pero secured naman ako.after a month sa Dubai lumipat ako ng Abu dhabi,pero sa panahon ngayon eh medyo mahirap na din sa Abu dhabi kasi lahat na taga Dubai eh nagsipuntahan,nagsitaasan na ang(cost of living)sa Abu dhabi kaya lipat ako sa Sharjah ngayon,pagnaulit ulit ung nangyari sa Abu dhabi dito baka sa Al ain na lang ako or sa Fujeirah...Lolz,ayun sa source ko may area sa Dubai ay pagaari na ng Abu dhabi bilang kabayaran sa milyon milyong utang neto.ang recession ay di naten makokontrol pero ang paglayo sa lugar na may recession kontrolado naten.un nanyari sa Dubai di malabo mangyari sa Abu dhabi din,cause and effect yan.kaya dapat dasal at ibayong diskarte sa buhay parati. thumbsup
jenaro
jenaro
Peter Pran
Peter Pran

Number of posts : 3132
Registration date : 22/01/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpion21 Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:53 am

Wisdom says when you rise too fast & too high the fall will be fatal....

Hindi laNG naman sa Dubai ramdam ang epekto ng recession,,,sana nga matapos na ang crisis nayan...
scorpion21
scorpion21
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 28/06/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by 3DZONE Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:13 am

Most of our Colleague are from Dubai, 3 sa kanila ang uwian everyday. hindi ko alam hanggang kailan matatapos tong crisis na to. IMHO lang po, naging maluho kasi ang Dubai e. hindi lang basta building ang pinatatayo eh...the whole City at Island pa, kung inihanda na lang sana sa mga Crisis na katulad na nangyayari sa ngayon baka maka-survive pa eh. Aleast may nagagamit pag may itinabi at hindi gaanong ramdam yung infact ng crisis. Ang maiitulong na lang natin sa mga kababayan natin eh kung may opening sa mga kompanya ninyo or sa ibang lugar na malapit sa inyo, mas maganda sana i-post ninyo agad dito para naman makatulong kaagad....and we need also to "PRAY AND TRUST IN HIM" peace man
3DZONE
3DZONE
Cube Spinner
Cube Spinner

Number of posts : 3834
Registration date : 20/12/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedevil Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:16 am

grabe nga ang crisis nka apikto sa dubai, company nga namin where salling heavy equipment machines and goverment roads contructing projects, lahat ng accounts puro bounce, yung mga contructor na mi utang samin don kami kumokoha sa kanila ng cemento pang buhos sa various roads projects nman sa emirates kc wla nadaw cla pera pang bayad kaya yon don kami kuha ng ready mix sa kanila, and ang mga local pag singelin mo sabihan kalang na okay we will see on the court taas mi kamag anak nman sa courty weeehhhh tabla ang utang, buti pa kuha nlng ng materials sa kanila ky sa matabla, sana mkabangaon na ang dubai balita ko na hold na nman ngaun yong red line ng dubai metro kc wla na pundo mi kaibigan aku doon nag tatrabaho and yong greenline daw parang de na matotoluoi i dunno hope al nyan will help dubai,grabe kc ang development ng real estate taas yong ibang building tapos na ilang buwan taas wla nmang kuryenti, will thats the only i can share hope the dream of dubai will not fail of this global crunch...
bluedevil
bluedevil
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 17/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by The-Hand Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:22 am

Easy lang tayo mga tol. remember na ang Dubai ay part pa din ng UAE kahit na magkakahiwalay na Sheikdoms to. Pinakamagandang gawin is to pray at keep an open eye. anyways umistable na ng unti since nangako na ang UAE na tutulong sa mga utang . Di ito pababayaan ng Abu Dhabi since rich nga sa oil sila at kabansa din nila sa UAE. Di rin and Dubai pababayaan ng Saudi since malaki laki na din nainvest nito sa Dubai. Anyway marami pa matatakbuhan ang Dubai to make it short. At syempre kahit sa world economy may politika, napansin nyo ba na nangyari lang ang mga balitang ito na sa ngayon ay masasabing OA o over react ng press ng malaman na America na papalitan na ang dollar as the "world money"? dahil sa lumalakas na euro at pounds. since sa napakalapit ng England at malaki na din ang investment nito sa Dubai, natural lang na maghanap ang US ng pagbabatuhan ng pansin. he he.parang si GMA nung ginigisa ,lumabas ang isyu ng pambubugbug ni Chavit sa asawa. he he. ganun lang yun. panaglis ng pansin. Sa totoo lang ang america ang tagilid ngayon lalo na sa kanila nakasalalay ang world econmy. Sa us dollars. Mabuti nga delayed ang epekto ng world crisis sa UAe ,partikular sa Dubai. Anyways di din anman natin maalis na lubog sa utang ang dubai pero isipin nyo. Yung ipinambiili ng Dubai ng mga Airbusses. ay 1 billion euro meaning marami pa din investments sa Dubai at like what I said earlier marami pa din etong matatakbuhan.http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article6936345.ece
The-Hand
The-Hand
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 02/04/2009

http://kinamay.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ortzak Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:14 am

Awwww true..very true...tsk..lots of job was affected..lets brace for impact..bottomline kahit 5 biln $ na pinautang ng Auh sa Dxb e kulang na kulang...

“The government of the UAE, particularly Dubai, can no longer hide this fact because international investors are talking and many foreign capitalists have pulled out their investments,”

$60 billion which has plunged the emirate into financial crisis.

ano kaya worst case scenario nito? gawing british ang Dxb?
ortzak
ortzak
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 4555
Registration date : 14/01/2009

http://plandesignvisualize.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Whats happening in DUbai? Empty True

Post by Pinoypride Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:53 pm

The decline in jobs in Dubai is true, and so in the other parts of the world. Hindi lang naman Dubai ang tinamaan, and the layoffs that happened here are not that bad compared to the US. Hopefully, once the economy recovers, so will the flood of investors here shall recover as well. As of now, lots of our kababayan are still coming here for jobs, and I pray that most, if not all of them will be fortunate enough to land a job here, in the legal way of course. For those who are there back home and are aspiring to come here for work, here's a good read to give you a little boost: https://www.jobsindubai.com/career.asp?qArticleID=60&page=1 thumbsup
Pinoypride
Pinoypride

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 18/01/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down