Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

displacement

3 posters

:: General :: Help Line

Go down

displacement Empty displacement

Post by boiling Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:09 am

mga masters and sirs,,, bakit wala pong continuity sa material editor pag nag mamap ng displacement. unlike sa vraydisplacementmod pwede i tick yong keep continuity. ano po ba mas maganda gamitin sa dalawa? Very Happy
displacement Displacement
maraming salamat..more power cgp....
boiling
boiling
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 07/06/2009

Back to top Go down

displacement Empty Re: displacement

Post by jovanie_ Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:14 am

sabay mo po ba gngamit un vraydisplacement at (bump, displacement)?

using (bump, displace), and vray displacement at the same time po may cause you a problem po...
jovanie_
jovanie_
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 02/04/2009

http://www.digitalartsfront.com/?ref=1060

Back to top Go down

Post by boiling Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:24 am

jovanie_ wrote:sabay mo po ba gngamit un vraydisplacement at (bump, displacement)?

using (bump, displace), and vray displacement at the same time po may cause you a problem po...

no.not the same time. my problem really is,,when i put map displacement in matl editor yong edge nya is sabog.
unlike pag vraydisplacementmod ginamit theres an option. thank you sir.. Very Happy
boiling
boiling
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:27 am

I don't know where you got the info but max with vray will only render one type of displacement at a time.

By default, vray will render all displacements (via materials or vraydisplacementmod) using vray's algorithm.

Unless you switch it off in the Override Max's settings. Switching it off will force vray to use Max's default displacement.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:28 am

boiling wrote:
jovanie_ wrote:sabay mo po ba gngamit un vraydisplacement at (bump, displacement)?

no.not the same time. my problem really is,,when i put map displacement in matl editor yong edge nya is sabog.
unlike pag vraydisplacementmod ginamit theres an option. thank you sir.. Very Happy

That is the reason why it is better to use the modifier version. Any reason why you can't switch?
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jovanie_ Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:35 am

boiling wrote:

ahh only this kind of problem lang po nung pinagsabay ko yung bump at vraydisplacement... never use displacement before..
try doing sir vertex_wrangler's advice po... can you post a picture po sa sinabi mong sabog?

OT: asa ka dapit sa Davao bay?
jovanie_
jovanie_
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by boiling Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:37 am

v_wrangler wrote:
boiling wrote:

That is the reason why it is better to use the modifier version. Any reason why you can't switch?
thank you po sir v.
boiling
boiling
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by boiling Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:54 am

[img]displacement Displacement-1[/img] sir to po yong image. thanks mga sir sa advice. sir sa buhangin me sa ciudad esperanza. nice meeting you sir. thanks to all uli. peace man
boiling
boiling
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by jovanie_ Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:09 am

boiling wrote:[img]displacement Displacement-1[/img] sir to po yong image. thanks mga sir sa advice. sir sa buhangin me sa ciudad esperanza. nice meeting you sir. thanks to all uli. peace man

im not sure kng tama po ito... try putting ur displace map to bump Very Happy
ganito rin ung nangyari saken when I used both bump and vraydisplacement on one object

OT: ahh... duol ra ba nang Buhangin, San Jose sa nyoha? d man gud ko sweto sa Davao
jovanie_
jovanie_
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down