Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help. Sketchup to Lumion Export Formats

2 posters

:: General :: Help Line

Go down

Help. Sketchup to Lumion Export Formats Empty Help. Sketchup to Lumion Export Formats

Post by bunnyvoid Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:07 am

Hello there! 

I'm new here, just registered. Too bad my first post aint positive. I really need help on something and I've been trying to solve it for a week. I cant really post images but i'll put in urls of these images.

How do you prepare your sketchup models for lumion?
Is there a more efficient way of cutting up huge models?

I happen to come across a problem with regards to importing large models from sketchup into lumion for landscaping.
I'm not sure how to go about it but I've tried exporting into other formats and cutting up the files into smaller pieces. I also purged everything i could from my models.

The model includes complete furnishing, most downloaded from the warehouse. All the exterior and architectural works are made from scratch in component form. The models (exteriors, interiors, furnishings, etc) has to be in one solid piece as this will be used in a game. Attached are added info about my pc if that helps.

COMPUTER SPECS Help. Sketchup to Lumion Export Formats Zn6e5s

Help. Sketchup to Lumion Export Formats J9n6yu
OVERALL MODEL 

Help. Sketchup to Lumion Export Formats Hu56j4
SITE MODEL

Help. Sketchup to Lumion Export Formats 3538fmx
BUILDING 1

Help. Sketchup to Lumion Export Formats 15yfywy
BUILDING 2

Also I have another building in the making. I'm worried if I'll be able to import these models in Lumion. 

Many thanks for your time.
bunnyvoid
bunnyvoid

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 16/06/2016

Back to top Go down

Help. Sketchup to Lumion Export Formats Empty Re: Help. Sketchup to Lumion Export Formats

Post by render master Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:45 am

https://forum.lumion3d.com/model-import-guides/sketchup-how-do-i-export-a-model/

additional info:
- you can directly import sketchup file to LUMION
- since you breakdown your model into parts, create a dummy for each part that will serve as reference point.
- in Lumion, make each part into diffirent layer for easy manipulation.
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Number of posts : 3274
Registration date : 27/09/2008

Back to top Go down