Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help, planning to buy a CPU 35k budget

+2
broodwar1126
pinksquid
6 posters

Go down

Need Help, planning to buy a CPU 35k budget Empty Need Help, planning to buy a CPU 35k budget

Post by pinksquid Fri May 11, 2012 3:44 am

Good Day po mga Pc Guru, I know this is a common topic here, I need help from Pc gurus, wala na kasi akong alam sa PC specs ngayon.

I want to take my rendering to a next level so gusto ko mag set up ng decent Pc setup.
My budget is 35k, and confused between INTEL or AMD.
Any advice from the experts??

here is my planned setup for AMD
AMD Phenom II x4 960
gigabyte h67 Mobo
500gb HD
Kingston 8gb DDr3
EVGA GTX550 video card
TBD - PSU
TBD - CASING

Sa intel wala pa po akong plano,
need advise po.

Salamat po....
pinksquid
pinksquid
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 05/04/2012

Back to top Go down

Need Help, planning to buy a CPU 35k budget Empty Re: Need Help, planning to buy a CPU 35k budget

Post by broodwar1126 Sat May 12, 2012 2:05 pm

if you're fixed on an amd processor you should look for a motherboard with
socket am3 or am3+. the gigabyte h67 mobo has a socket LGA 1155 and
are intended for intel cpu.

Happy shopping... sunny
broodwar1126
broodwar1126
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 02/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Need Help, planning to buy a CPU 35k budget Empty Re: Need Help, planning to buy a CPU 35k budget

Post by badongrodrigs Sat May 12, 2012 3:16 pm

The best part of buying a new PC is the choosing of the parts! hehe

MOTHERBOARD
Depending on your purposes, you don't need to spend a lot on motherboards. Just make sure you buy one that is COMPATIBLE with everything you're planning to buy. Your ideal price range is around 4k to 7k. It gets more expensive as more features are added, like USB3.0, dual GPU slots, etc.

PROCESSOR
There's really no point in building a workhorse PC if you're not going to invest on its processing power, so at the very least you need a quad-core processor. The cheapest Intel i5 is around 8k, which is also the range of AMD quad-cores.

However, I would strongly advise in getting an Intel i7 processor. The lowest 2nd gen Intel i7 is probably around 13k. It gives you 8 threads to use thru 4 cores. This will really help in significantly improving your rendering times.

Take note of the sockets for motherboard compatibility.

MEMORY
Ideally you should have at least 2 pieces of memory installed (to take advantage of dual-channel technology). So at the very least buy 2 pieces of branded 2GB memory sticks (probably around 1k each) so you'll have 4GB total.

If you want to shell out more, you can get 2 pieces of 4GB memory sticks for 1.5k each, which can give you 8GB of memory which is more than enough for most applications.

GRAPHICS
I would not recommend spending a lot on GPU if you're not planning on playing heavy duty games. But having a decent one will help with interface speeds, so get a video card that has at least 1GB of memory and 256bit speed. You could probably get one for maybe 4k to 5k.

POWER SUPPLY
This is important. Make sure you buy a branded one that has enough power for your system. Preferably at least 600W. Thermaltake has a PSU like that for 3.3k.

STORAGE
You can probably get yourself a 1TB disk for probably 4.5k. But if you don't need it at the moment it's better to get smaller disks, like 500GB for 3.5k. If you want to be future-proof, go with SSD, tho they're very expensive for now.

CASING
A lot of people will tell you to invest in a good case, supposedly for better temperature control. However, for the last 6 years I have been buying and using normal cases, and I haven't had any overheating problems yet. Of course, you should always keep a watch on the temperature. So this is your call if you want to buy something generic or maybe a Coolermaster or a Thermaltake. Coolermasters have decent cases for around 2k.

Those are the essential parts. Everything else are accessories (like optical drives, mice, keyboard, speakers, coolers, fans, etc)

So there, you could fit all those in 35k, give or take a few.

Goodluck bro, enjoy the process! Smile
badongrodrigs
badongrodrigs
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 12/03/2012

http://www.theparadoodler.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Sat May 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Pacheck mo nalang compatibility pag amd ka. get the FX 8150 instead sa phenom x2.

tapos ati radeon na video card para swak.

Sa intel naman, I think kaya na din i7 nyan.

14k yung i7
7k and video card. 550ti
14k sa rest ng setup.

mukhang kaya naman. Pasetup ka sa shop pag di ka sure sa compatibility. ok dn sa pcexpress.
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by pinksquid Sun May 13, 2012 2:01 am

Maraming salamat po sa mga advise ninyo, right now, mas desidido ako mag intel i7, akala ko kasi hindi papasok sa budget. Any specific brands and models po na masusuggest ninyo sa mga parts ng PC setup ko?
Hindi na po kasi talaga ako familiar sa mga PC parts ngayon.
Sa PC Express ako nagtitingin sa ngayon.

Maraming salamat po ulit!!!!! God Bless
pinksquid
pinksquid
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by abed Sun May 13, 2012 5:44 am

sa pchub sir madami silang promo dun..

abed
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 25/06/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by badongrodrigs Sun May 13, 2012 7:17 am

I also recommend PCHub (in Gilmore) instead of PC Express.
badongrodrigs
badongrodrigs
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by arkiedmund Sun May 13, 2012 7:27 am

badongrodrigs wrote:I also recommend PCHub (in Gilmore) instead of PC Express.

Yup, PChub in gilmore is the best choice.

Pero ako sa pc express alabang ako, ang layo kasi ng gilmore mula sa bahay, wala akong kotse, commute lang ako, kawawa naman ako kung magbibitbit ako ng mabigat na casing mula gilmore pa las pinas...puro galing pcexpress yung piyesa ng pc ko, and wala pang pumapalya(nabebenta ko pa nga tuwing mag upgrade ako,which happens pag pinapalad may pang upgrade), maliban sa dvd-writer ko...naka 2 na ako...hahaha...pero maximum of 2 yrs bago bumibigay.

I think kaya naman sa 35k, meron naman mga mobo na under 10k, check mo lang online kung yung specs ay in-line sa hinahanap mo.

Manager
Manager

Number of posts : 3956
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by pinksquid Sun May 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Hinahanap ko po ung site ng Pchub, do they have one? Cavite kasi ako and my working area is Pasay so mejo malayo layo. Gusto ko sana mag inquire sa kanila thru phone or email.

Right now nag bubuo ako sa pc express, popost ko po ung setup sa pcexpress..

Salamat po sa mga reply!!!
pinksquid
pinksquid
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by pinksquid Mon May 14, 2012 12:18 am

Here's what I have in mind so far.

Intel i7 - 3820 3.6Ghz 14kPHP
Mobo - Asrock z68 pro3-m Z68 (dunno if this is compatible) 5250PHP
VGA - Inno3d GTX550 1gb 192bit - 5.5kPHP
8gb RAM - 2.8K
Thermaltake 630W PSU - 3350PHP
Casing - 1.3K
Optical Drive - 900

Total 32,000.
From PcExpress

Any Comment and suggestion po?
Salamat po sa inyo..

pinksquid
pinksquid
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by badongrodrigs Mon May 14, 2012 12:58 am

pinksquid wrote:Here's what I have in mind so far.

8gb RAM - 2.8K
Casing - 1.3K
Optical Drive - 900

Total 32,000.
From PcExpress

Salamat po sa inyo..

Looks good, but you're missing a storage device. Wink

Google always helps. PCHub tipidpc url
badongrodrigs
badongrodrigs
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by pinksquid Mon May 14, 2012 1:15 am

badongrodrigs wrote:
pinksquid wrote:Here's what I have in mind so far.

8gb RAM - 2.8K
Casing - 1.3K
Optical Drive - 900

Total 32,000.
From PcExpress

Salamat po sa inyo..

Looks good, but you're missing a storage device. Wink

Google always helps. PCHub tipidpc url

Oh yes, 500gb would be fine for me, kasi ung 320GB ko di ko mapuno eh, so i guess sakto nga ung 35k...
pinksquid
pinksquid
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Mon May 14, 2012 3:03 am

Nice. looking good!
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by pinksquid Mon May 14, 2012 7:36 pm

bokkins wrote:Nice. looking good!

Salamat po sa advice ninyo.. ^_^
pinksquid
pinksquid
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by pinksquid Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:42 am

Mga sir, ung i7 3820 is compatible with an lga1115 MOBO? kasi kung hindi, eh baka mali tong setup ko..
pinksquid
pinksquid
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:51 am

Wala sa listahan pro baka pwede. check mo nalang sa kanila. if not, madali lang naman maghanap ng kapalit. I think nasa same price range lang din.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/cpu.asp?Model=Z68%20Pro3-M
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by pinksquid Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:47 am

bokkins wrote:Wala sa listahan pro baka pwede. check mo nalang sa kanila. if not, madali lang naman maghanap ng kapalit. I think nasa same price range lang din.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/cpu.asp?Model=Z68%20Pro3-M

Sir Bokkins, maraming salamat po talaga sa mga kasagutan.. Need Help, planning to buy a CPU 35k budget 290602
Yun nga din nabasa ko sir e, nakalagay dun na supported niya ang 3rd gen i7.
pinksquid
pinksquid
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by broodwar1126 Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:43 am

pinksquid wrote:Mga sir, ung i7 3820 is compatible with an lga1115 MOBO? kasi kung hindi, eh baka mali tong setup ko..

i think hindi compatible sir yung i7-3820 (socket 2011 siya sir). and your chosen motherboard is just as you have mentioned

socket 1155. if you prefer this processor you have to look for motherboards with X79 codes. i look at the pc express site and

unfortunately they have only two brands (asus & msi) which is a little expensive.
broodwar1126
broodwar1126
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 02/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by pinksquid Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:17 pm

broodwar1126 wrote:
pinksquid wrote:Mga sir, ung i7 3820 is compatible with an lga1115 MOBO? kasi kung hindi, eh baka mali tong setup ko..

i think hindi compatible sir yung i7-3820 (socket 2011 siya sir). and your chosen motherboard is just as you have mentioned

socket 1155. if you prefer this processor you have to look for motherboards with X79 codes. i look at the pc express site and

unfortunately they have only two brands (asus & msi) which is a little expensive.

Yun nga po sir, ang mahal ng x79 boards, I guess I will go with i7 3770k, madami akong nabasa na mas better perfroming ang 3770k.. Salamat po sir sa reply.
pinksquid
pinksquid
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum