Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do we have an IGNORE button here.

+16
tutik
cloud20
ERICK
julcab
mokong
jjcatuiran
yaug_03
bongskeigle
Alapaap
Valiant
celes
oRangE.n.GreeN
M_Shadows
torvicz
bokkins
v_wrangler
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do we have an IGNORE button here. Empty Do we have an IGNORE button here.

Post by v_wrangler Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:47 am

Well, as the title says, I'd like to know how to make the forums ignore posts from people I choose. I'm sure that's possible in other forums, just wondering if we have the same feature here. So I don't see their shenanigans no more, like poof, nahnah, zip? tongue

v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

Do we have an IGNORE button here. Empty Re: Do we have an IGNORE button here.

Post by bokkins Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:44 am

I'll try to look for that V, I don't think we have such right now. I'll suggest this to our provider.
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:13 am

v_wrangler wrote:Well, as the title says, I'd like to know how to make the forums ignore posts from people I choose. I'm sure that's possible in other forums, just wondering if we have the same feature here. So I don't see their shenanigans no more, like poof, nahnah, zip? tongue

I like the idea dude verts. I know the feeling why you suggested this ignore button, I kinda wish we have it specially now that we have poster/s that you really don't wanna see posting anymore.... geek hehe

Tapos magva-vibrate yung mouse na hawak nya after pushing the button, parang sa ps3...(joke lang).
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Number of posts : 3235
Registration date : 01/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:49 am

torvicz wrote:
v_wrangler wrote:Well, as the title says, I'd like to know how to make the forums ignore posts from people I choose. I'm sure that's possible in other forums, just wondering if we have the same feature here. So I don't see their shenanigans no more, like poof, nahnah, zip? tongue

I like the idea dude verts. I know the feeling why you suggested this ignore button, I kinda wish we have it specially now that we have poster/s that you really don't wanna see posting anymore.... geek hehe

Tapos magva-vibrate yung mouse na hawak nya after pushing the button, parang sa ps3...(joke lang).

Actually I was thinking so "they" could ignore me.... tongue
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:59 am

Roy, panalo ka talaga pagdating sa pagiging bitchy minsan! 2thumbsup
mas maganda din siguro kung visible sa user kung kanino sya naka-ignore? Very Happy
... interesting !

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:25 pm

KettleRenderer wrote:Roy, panalo ka talaga pagdating sa pagiging bitchy minsan! 2thumbsup
mas maganda din siguro kung visible sa user kung kanino sya naka-ignore? Very Happy
... interesting !

Hahahahaha!

May pinagmanahan....
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by M_Shadows Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:21 pm

v_wrangler wrote:Actually I was thinking so "they" could ignore me.... tongue

why would "they" do that Mr. V_Wrangler? ahaha!

used to wish we had this idea the day i myself signed up in cgpinoy and get to "flame" cgpinoy fellow/s.... lol... Very Happy
until.... i got struck by what my father has told my mum re the root cause of her family's perpetual real estate dispute.

"ang magnanakaw galit sa kapwa magnanakaw...."

in english...

What you Hate Most in Others May Be the Shadow in Yourself
Posted Thu, 05/28/2009 - 09:04

http://intentblog.com/kellen/blog/what-you-hate-most-others-may-be-shadow-yourself

The Shadow in ourselves consists of all the emotions and thoughts we repress as being socially inappropriate. Jealousy, rage, that evil twinge that relishes the thought of your boss being called on the carpet? That is shadow material. The more we repress shadow material, the more of a hold it has on us.

An example? I think this is most easily seen in homophobic people. It is said that people who are homophobic harbor homosexual feelings themselves, or fear that they do. So they erect what a Freudian would refer to as a defense mechanism called a "reaction formation" in which feelings, emotions or impulses which cause anxiety are suppressed and overcome by erecting an exaggerated spectre of the opposite tendency. If you experience homoerotic feelings which you think are unacceptable, you suppress them and loudly and longly spew homophobic diatribes as a defense. This is why you see politicians and televangelists who have spent years decrying homosexuals or prostitutes suddenly on the news confessing to the same behaviors they spent years condemning.

For a Jungian, the Shadow works in the same way. What we repress and try to deny will come back to haunt us. Jung described the Shadow as, "everything that the subject refuses to acknowledge about himself and yet is always thrusting itself upon him directly or indirectly". Shame, sexuality, rage, fear, weakness, jealousy, hurt and resentment can be shoved down into our unconscious and become shadow material. A perfect example is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Robert Louis Stevenson does a beautiful job of juxtaposing the entirely proper and socially acceptable Dr. Jekyll with his darker, shadow side, Mr. Hyde. In the light of day Dr. Jekyll suppresses all of his shadow material and presents this picture perfect, socially acceptable model of behavior.
But at night, when no one can see, his dark side comes to life in Mr. Hyde.

Robert Bly, the poet and author, describes our shadow material as "the long bag we drag behind us".

In Bly's book, "A Little Book on the Human ShadowDo we have an IGNORE button here. Ir?t=myonlthe01-20&l=as2&o=1&a=0062548476, he says the bag continues to get bigger and bigger as we age, for it
contains all that we repress and deny about ourselves and about our lives, unless we actively work to bring the shadow into the light. He writes,

Let’s talk about the personal shadow first. When we were one or two years old we had what we might visualize as a 360-degree personality. Energy radiated out from all parts of our body and all parts of our psyche. A child running is a living globe of energy. We had a ball of energy, all right; but one day we noticed that our parents didn’t like certain parts of that ball. They said things like: “Can’t you be still?” Or “It isn’t nice to try and kill your brother.” Behind us we have an invisible bag, and the part of us our parents don’t like, we, to keep our parents’ love, put in the bag. By the time we go to school our bag is quite large. Then our teachers have their say: “Good children don’t get angry over such little things.” So we take our anger and put it in the bag. By the time my brother and I were twelve in Madison, Minnesota we were known as “the nice Bly boys.” Our bags were already a mile long.

Facing Your Shadow

What Do You Hate?

How do we identify shadow material within ourselves? One really easy way is to look at people who we absolutely loathe. They represent something we loathe within ourselves, our shadow material. Example?

I once asked my mother what kind of people irritated her the most. Her response?

"People who just go on and on and on and never make their point. I just hate that. That just keep rattling on and on, repeating themselves over and over again without ever getting to the point. I just hate that. Why don't they say what they mean rather than repeating themselves over and over again?"

(She continued on for another 5 minutes, but I'll spare you. You get the point.) I've noticed this about myself. People who really annoy me are usually doing something I do. Sometimes I'm aware that I do it, sometimes I'm not, unless I pay attention to what I'm "hating" in otherwise. The more strongly I'm irritated by someone's behavior, the bigger the shadow in myself.

Have you ever seen someone with road rage? Do you know who irritates them the most? You got it. People who drive like they do!

What Makes You Laugh?

Another way to identify shadow material is with humor. What do you laugh at? Sometimes we laugh from recognition. I think of comedians as modern court jesters; they tell the court what a lot of us are afraid to say and we laugh because we identify with what they are saying. This can be shadow material. I'm afraid that saying what Carlos Mencias says might be considered racist or sexist or homophobic, but when he says it I laugh. He has exposed my shadow. Andrew Dice Clay was popular several years ago for this reason.

Comedy can also expose some of our evil or wicked little desires that we stuff away from the light of day. There is a category of funny videos which often make it onto TV shows like America's Funniest Home Videos which show people falling. People falling off of trampolines, off skate boards, crashing into things. It's often obvious that this is a very painful experience, yet the audience laughs. A person with a lot of suppressed anger towards others may find these especially funny.

What Do You Project?

Like an emotional movie projector, "projecting" refers to a behavior in which we project our own internal beliefs, feelings or experiences onto someone else when we feel they are inappropriate. Shadow material is especially susceptible to being projected onto someone else. Look around you? Does you view everyone as a cheat? A gossip? A liar? Does everyone around you seem angry? Unhappy? Fearful? You may be seeing your own shadow projected onto others.

The Mexican culture has a wonderful saying which translates roughly into English as, "The lion believes that all are like him". That about
sums it up.

What Do You Dream?

The Shadow can also work on your dreams and your daydreams. Just like shadows of light, psychological shadows get longer as the day comes to an end and appear in full force in the middle of the night, in our dreams. The monsters in our nightmares may be our own Shadows fighting to come into the light of our awareness.

What Do You Miss?

The Shadow is not necessarily evil. It is merely repressed. Many times we feel compelled to repress good qualities as well, such
as; normal instincts (sexual feelings), appropriate reactions (i.e. anger or fear), realistic insights or creative impulses. I was reading about a psychiatrist who was talking to a psychiatric patient in an ER ward one evening when a fire truck whizzed by. The patient got up and ran out of the ER. When he returned hours later, the psychiatrist learned that the patient had always wanted to ride a fire truck, saw the opportunity whizzing by, jumped on the back and road off to the fire. Now this is impulsive and a bit dangerous, but not evil. How many of us would like to ride on a fire engine? How many of us would like to be so uninhibited that we could just jump on and go for a ride? But instead we repress it for fear of being seen as "crazy" or "immature" or "irresponsible". That childlike joie de vive often gets repressed alone with the anger, shame and jealousy. Women may suppress their masculinity, their intellect or their power. Men may suppress their femininity, their fear or their sensitivity. These parts that have been suppressed are lost to us unless we search our Shadow, find and release them.

Reclaiming Your Shadow

Humans are only complete when we embrace our darkness and our light. Our Judeo-Christian culture teaches us that darkness and light are polar opposites and that we must embrace the light and deny the dark. We are beginning to learn that denying the dark only gives it more power. Instead of us controlling it, it controls our thoughts, our obsessions, our desires, our dreams, our loves and our hatreds.

The only way to "control" the dark is to embrace it, own it and take responsibility for it. We only feel whole when we acknowledge all of our thoughts, impulses, desires, wishes and feelings. We must look into the dark to see the light.

[whoops! that has been pretty long... LOL]

Very Happy hope y'all enjoyed reading... have another lovely tues! Very Happy

M_Shadows
M_Shadows
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 336
Registration date : 04/07/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by oRangE.n.GreeN Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:18 pm

isa-suggest ko pa naman sana ang "Friends & Foes" sa UCP... 'la bang "like" button dine?

or maybe.... "I like you" button.... yes, yes, aw!

oRangE.n.GreeN
oRangE.n.GreeN
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1078
Registration date : 08/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by celes Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:56 pm

ok yan verts. para wala nang stupid remarks. :p

although parang ayoko ng idea. magiging uninteresting na ang cgp pag di ko na nababasa ang bangayan between vertex and everyone else. hahahaha
celes
celes
Pogi
Pogi

Number of posts : 2958
Registration date : 25/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:47 pm

oRangE.n.GreeN wrote:.

isa-suggest ko pa naman sana ang "Friends & Foes" sa UCP... 'la bang "like" button dine?

or maybe.... "I like you" button.... yes, yes, aw!

Itong + - dito sa right side is the same as like unlike. Di ko pa rin naayos ang code para gawing thumbs up at thumbs down.
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by Valiant Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:56 am

it's simple... if you don't like a person/user then don't comment on his/her post and sana maging more controlled ang + and - kasi for now pwedeng trip lang ng kahit sino magiging negative ang post ng user e...

OT:
can we have an option na dapat magbigay ng reason why like or unlike? kesa basta click lang? to have some transparency at maiwasan ang personalan.
Valiant
Valiant
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 25/03/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:48 am

Valiant wrote:OT: can we have an option na dapat magbigay ng reason why like or unlike? kesa basta click lang? to have some transparency at maiwasan ang personalan.

I don't thinks its necessary bro. Kasi kunukuha nya lang ang percentage ng kung sino ang may gusto at hindi gusto. Mas personalan kung kailangan pang iexplain. Kung sino gusto magexplain, ipost nalang.

bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:26 am

bokkins wrote:
Valiant wrote:OT: can we have an option na dapat magbigay ng reason why like or unlike? kesa basta click lang? to have some transparency at maiwasan ang personalan.

I don't thinks its necessary bro. Kasi kunukuha nya lang ang percentage ng kung sino ang may gusto at hindi gusto. Mas personalan kung kailangan pang iexplain. Kung sino gusto magexplain, ipost nalang.

hahaba lang ang usapan dude valiant at tama si dude boks lalong magiging personalan yan pag ganyan ang sistema, besides yung crit nga lang minsan may mga balat sibuyas na eh yung i-explain mo pa kaya???

@dude verts: pwede nga rin yung sinabi mo, wahehe...
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Valiant Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:30 am

kung ganun e mabuti pa alisin na lang ang + and - sign... napuna ko kasi lalo na ung thread ng tropang Qatar para sa fellow CGPian na wala sa ayos merong pa ring nagdislike... weird kung iisipin mo ano kaya ang problema sa buhay ng mga nagdislike? Twisted Evil
Valiant
Valiant
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by torvicz Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:35 am

Valiant wrote:kung ganun e mabuti pa alisin na lang ang + and - sign... napuna ko kasi lalo na ung thread ng tropang Qatar para sa fellow CGPian na wala sa ayos merong pa ring nagdislike... weird kung iisipin mo ano kaya ang problema sa buhay ng mga nagdislike? Twisted Evil

Honestly dude di ko masyado ginagamit ang +- sign.
Deretso nako sa comment/reply.

Regardiing sa thread ng tropang Qatar, ano ba nangyari dun dude? di ako aware dun eh.
torvicz
torvicz
Sgt. Pepper
Sgt. Pepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Valiant Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:39 am

bokkins wrote:

paano naman malalaman ng user na binigyan ng negative ratings kung ano ang dapat nyang adjust kung click lang ng click ang ibang user? like ano ba ang hindi nagustuhan sa post? there are two sides palagi kasi... hindi pwede na bigyan ng authority ang isang side while nangangapa naman ang isang side... it will be personalan kung ang atake ay pagkatao na ng nagpost ang sinisita pero kung work naman e i guess it's transparency...

Last edited by Valiant on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Valiant
Valiant
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Valiant Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:44 am

torvicz wrote:
Valiant wrote:kung ganun e mabuti pa alisin na lang ang + and - sign... napuna ko kasi lalo na ung thread ng tropang Qatar para sa fellow CGPian na wala sa ayos merong pa ring nagdislike... weird kung iisipin mo ano kaya ang problema sa buhay ng mga nagdislike? Twisted Evil

Honestly dude di ko masyado ginagamit ang +- sign.
Deretso nako sa comment/reply.

Regardiing sa thread ng tropang Qatar, ano ba nangyari dun dude? di ako aware dun eh.

pareho tayo dude Smile hindi kasi parehas for me na mag-click or magbigay ng negative sign/rating sa post ng TS without giving him/her the idea kung bakit... posting your comments and suggestions are enough but then again it's just me. here is the link sa post about Qatar thread pasaway http://www.cgpinoy.org/t20569-you-are-not-one-of-us-bogus

pasensya Vertex napaparami na ang OT ko sa thread mo... Do we have an IGNORE button here. 290323
Valiant
Valiant
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:37 am

Valiant wrote:
bokkins wrote:

paano naman malalaman ng user na binigyan ng negative ratings kung ano ang dapat nyang adjust kung click lang ng click ang ibang user? like ano ba ang hindi nagustuhan sa post? there are two sides palagi kasi... hindi pwede na bigyan ng authority ang isang side while nangangapa naman ang isang side... it will be personalan kung ang atake ay pagkatao na ng nagpost ang sinisita pero kung work naman e i guess it's transparency...

Comment na ang tawag dyan bro. Reply lang, we always do that. Ibang usapan naman ang like and dislike or like lang parang sa facebook. May mga tayo na like lang talaga nila. If they want to say more, they comment.

Pwede din click mo then comment.
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by Alapaap Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:04 pm

http://www.cgpinoy.org/t19768-forest-house-rendering-practice-updated-with-multiscatter-setting

Dito lang nagtaka ako,bakit binigyan ng negatibo samantalang wala naman nasabi o na share na panget si Bizkong dito,may mali ba sa settings niya o nagsisinungaling ba siya? MESSAGE REPUTATION 60% 5 Votes, parang di patas..di lang nagsasalita yun tao pero kahit papaano nakakaapekto rin yan..kung tutuusin pwedeng tabonan ng + ng tropa yan pero binababayaan na lang..parang kabaklaan na lang kapag pinatolan pa..sensya na di ko lang mapabayaan na nagiisa ka dito kosa..

Kaya may punto si Valiant,naghahanap ng paliwanag

Mabalik ako kay Bizkong nakikita ko lang na mali niya siguro o di nagustohan ng mababait ay ang pagkaka-isplika niya ay purong tagalog IMHO lang,Baka naman kasi tunog manlulupa kapag nagtagalog.Mahihirap lang kasi kami,mga nagsumikap lang at lumaban ng parehas kaya medyo guminhawa lang ng kaunti at may narating (di man materyal kahit sa kaalaman lang)

Sigurado niyan mamumula na ang repyutasyon ka niyan mamaya..

Para sa akin lang Bok at di naman ako namimilt dapat wala na yan,di naman nakakatulong.. na papaglaroan lang.Mas na kakatulong pa yun diretsong komento kesa yun repyutasyon ng pinost nababasi lang sa plus and minus,sa akin opinyon lang.

Medyo lalayo na sa topic..napagusapan lang kaya pinasok ko na rin
Alapaap
Alapaap
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 903
Registration date : 20/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by oRangE.n.GreeN Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Dear Alapaap,

Bizkong's work is SUPERB! You know that and I'm sure Bizkong knows that.

60% of 5 votes is only 2 guys who probably do not agree that it is a Super Render o baka hindi nila gusto ang mga ganitong klaseng scene o baka hindi katropa o pwede ring naiinggit o baka naman kinukumpara kay Jeff Mottle. pero, ang mahalaga doon Alapaap ay alam ng karamihan na si Bizkong ay isang mabagsik na CGPian, yan ang mas importante. Some may not agree but I do. Kaya pabayaan na natin yang "like,dislike" button hane.

Lubos na Nagagalak,

kahel at berde

P.S. Ikaw kaya ang nagsabing "Mali" ang pag-iisplika ni Bizkong sa purong tagalog. kaya mag-sorry ka kay Bizkong, dali... Very Happy

Now back to topic:

***Bokkins, I'm voting for "Friends & Foes" sa UCP. [see image below]

Do we have an IGNORE button here. 48299580

& don't forget my "i like you" button hane.... Very Happy

oRangE.n.GreeN
oRangE.n.GreeN
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1078
Registration date : 08/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:52 pm

You can not please everyone. Kaya din nasa beta stage pa ito. If it will do harm sa community, tatanggalin natin. I just want to know kung hanggang saan ang acceptance ng community sa ganito. How open are we to digest these kinds of improvements or additions. If it's too much. Tanggalin natin.
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:55 pm

I don't like friend and foes bro. It's a direct disagreement to the concept of oneness of a community. Siguro pag may ganun, gagawan din natin ng reconcile button.
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Back to top Go down

Post by bongskeigle Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:14 pm

Let's just keep CGPinoy wholesome and unique, a forum for everyone! Can I suggest that? LMAO
bongskeigle
bongskeigle
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1958
Registration date : 06/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by yaug_03 Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Noob me, I never knew the +/- are there for ratings.tongue Napindot ko dati yan nakalimutan ko na kaninong thread.tongue

And oh BTW, Alapaap, the Mahirap lang kame statement is sooooo unnecessary(kinda childish).
yaug_03
yaug_03
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1911
Registration date : 05/07/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by jjcatuiran Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:08 pm

yaug_03 wrote:Noob me, I never knew the +/- are there for ratings.tongue Napindot ko dati yan nakalimutan ko na kaninong thread.tongue

pasali po.. ako din lately ko lang napansin yung + and -. kala ko design. (hehe no offense mods)
magpapahayag lang po ako ng damdamin...

bago lang po ako dito, ngunit malaki po ang aking pasasalamat sa mga taong kasapi sa komunidad na to, nakakatulong talaga ng malaki lalo sa mga kagaya naming mga sisiw pa lang.

napansin ko lang po, ang isyu po na nakikita ko sa usaping ito is respeto sa bawat miyembro.
kung di ko gusto ang isang post, siguro po mas ok na yung mag suggest ka ng ikakaganda, or huwag na magkumento kung wala talaga, kesa po mag-rating pa or like or dislike.

kasi po tao lang naman tayo (kahit gano ka-godlike and mga render ng karamihan) may araw talaga na medyo kikirot sa damdamin kung medyo di kagandahan yung mga komentong makukuha natin dahil sa mga post natin na kadalasan kung hindi man palagi ay pinagbuhusan natin ng pagod at oras.

yun lang po ang ang aking mungkahi.

balik po tayo sa mungkahi ni master Vertex_wrangler, siguro po mas ok kung "manual ignore" na lang. kasi magmumukhang social networking site and CGP kung magkakaroon tayo nito, IMHO.

maraming salamat po at mabuhay ang CGP at ang manlilikhang pinoy!
jjcatuiran
jjcatuiran
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 455
Registration date : 29/04/2011

http://catviz.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next