Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3D Artist Wanted

+4
fairlady
modelmaker
DarkHalo_18
v_wrangler
8 posters

:: Employment :: Hiring

Go down

3D Artist Wanted Empty 3D Artist Wanted

Post by v_wrangler Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:28 pm

UPDATE: It's official : http://ph.jobsdb.com/PH/EN/Search/JobAdSingleDetail?jobsIdList=500003000378518

A company I know got vacancies and they are looking to hire people from Taiwan and China. I would not hesitate to recommend someone from the Philippines if you are good and want to take challenges in Sapporo.

Tools they use:

Maya, 3DSMAX, Vray, After Effects, MotionBuilder, XSI

Line of Work:

Feature Films, TV Commercials both for Japan and the United States, Game Movies,

Kind of people they look for:

Willing to adapt to the culture, willing to learn the language, Able to take instructions, team player, fun to be with, able to juggle between different tools, multi-disciplined (modeling, texturing, lighting, rendering and compositing.

The studio is multi-cultural, they have offices in Taiwan, China and in LA.

If you are interested, you may forward your resume and best samples of work. If you are already in Japan, much better and contact yours truly.

Unfortunately, they prefer to remain anonymous - I will share more details about the company if they find interest in your work.

Last edited by v_wrangler on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:26 am; edited 3 times in total
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Number of posts : 1994
Registration date : 29/03/2009

http://www.maxworksdigital.com

Back to top Go down

3D Artist Wanted Empty Re: 3D Artist Wanted

Post by v_wrangler Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:44 pm

You may be wondering why China and Taiwan? Well they say it doesn't matter where you came from. The fact is - there is a surprising scarcity of good 3D artists in Japan right now and they think it might be a good idea to look elsewhere...
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:17 am

Well, it's official. I will be on board the selection team!

I'm coming over late December until early January to recruit.

If you like to participate in all the cool commercials and CG movies they work on - this is your chance!

The place of work will be in Sapporo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapporo

Sapporo is the center of the winter capital of Japan, Hokkaido. We have the best beers, best cheese, best ramen, best seasons throughout the year and the flawless ski grounds all over Japan! Summer heat is tolerable and very short - mahigit isang buwan.

BTW. This company focuses on CG movies for Film, TV Commercials and Games. Architectural work is just a small percentage of their amrket and as such, Arkiviz skills may be a big plus if combined with other skills such as:

1. Modeling characters (in-game quality and hi-poly ones for features and commercials)
2. texture map development skills using 2D applications such as photoshop
3. Texturing and UVW skills within 3D applications
4. Rigging using either bones or other premade skeletons in Max or maya
5. Animation skills - sense of timing usign 3D applications such as Maya, Max, XSI or MotionBuilder
6. Rendering knowledge and skills proficiency in Vray, scanline and or mR
7. Compositing using After Effects

Some people might think, why the company wants to be anonymous. Allow me to explain in simple terms.
The business of animation is highly competitive and the level of secrecy with regards to who does what and who works with whom is pretty standard... Did I confused you more?

Well if you have specific questions that you do not know if you may ask publicly - please email or pm me and I will answer you as long as alam ko ang sagot sa katanungan...

Thanks for reading!

v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:04 am

This posting is also open to other nationals.
It doesn't matter if you are Pinoy, chinese, thai, etc.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkHalo_18 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi Sir, I am Interested to join the team, can I send my resume and sample works to you? o r where can I email it?

DarkHalo_18
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 07/09/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:21 pm

you may course it to me via: vertexwrangler@gmail.com

There have been many inquiries from China, Mexico, India and the US.
It saddens me that almost no one from the Philippines would take the bite...
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkHalo_18 Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:35 am

sent na po.thank you po.

DarkHalo_18
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Registration date : 07/09/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by modelmaker Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:11 pm

v_wrangler wrote:you may course it to me via: vertexwrangler@gmail.com

There have been many inquiries from China, Mexico, India and the US.
It saddens me that almost no one from the Philippines would take the bite...

What would be the terms of the contract and the working conditions for the position?
The working hours, working days, paid or unpaid overtime, relocation assistance. Thank you.

modelmaker
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Registration date : 13/11/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:16 pm

First and foremost.

Everything will be by Japanese standards. No superstars, no primadonnas. You will be treated meanly just like the way locals will be treated.

Terms of the contract will be minimum of one year - max of depending how much your peers will love you.

Working hours are long, very long when the loads are busy. They do not stop until the work is good, I mean very very good enough. TIme is flex. Base time is 11 AM.

Salaries are fixed monthly. You will be entitled to Summer and Winter bonuses after six months.

They spend extra hours overtawad. More than extra hours.

Kung magaling ka naman, at gusto ka pa ring makatrabaho ng kasamahan mo - pag tumagal ka ng isang taon, your salaries will be evaluated based on how much you're loved at kung ano ang improvement at kakayanin mo. In Japan, it is common to raise salaries of people na nagpakita ng sigasig at good result, common din na ibaba ang sweldo ng tamad.

Regular working days are Mondays thru Fridays, They work weekends and holidays depending on the deadlines. 10 days paid leaves. Public holidays are paid of course.

Company will provide you the tickets to japan and visa assistance of course.

Once in Japan, you will have to mend for yourself. Just like any other person in Japan. You will pay your own bills - you will cook for yourself or buy bento if you wish. Of course you will be assisted in finding your own place or when you need to sign up for basic services.

Sa madali't salita hindi ito katulad ng pag OFW or pagpunta sa abroad or middle east to work na kung saan halos meron mga goodies like free board and lodging, food, etc.

The company will welcome any person of any background or nationality as long as they are good and able to come here in Japan.

Kung sanay kayo ng by the bell. Or nagbibilang ng oras. Wag ng mag-aaply dahil madidisappoint lang kayo. Pero kung gusto nyong maintindihan kung bakit hardworking at successful ang mga hapon, or gusto nyong matuto - I will still encourage you.

Japan is heaven for those who love the culture, mabait ang bansang hapon sa masipag at maaasahan. Pero impyerno kung sa simula pa lang masarap na buhay ang hahanapin.

v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:00 am

http://cgworld.jp/job/heartbitdigital-201111.html
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by fairlady Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:11 pm

open pa po 'to sir?

fairlady
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 01/03/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:15 pm

fairlady wrote:open pa po 'to sir?

Last time I heard it still is.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jhondave Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:05 am

Hello Sir I'm Interested to join po... hanggang kilan pa po sya available ang job?
jhondave
jhondave
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 03/09/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:16 am

If you have sent me email and resumes since I posted this ad, please resend them again.

The influx of mail from the online job postings quite heavy and I have to filter them in.

Thank you.

I updated the first post.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by aimcroft Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:23 am

Sir, may I kindly ask if they are accepting entry-level 3D artists... newly graduate with no working experience?

Thanks
aimcroft
aimcroft
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 15/04/2011

http://aimcroft.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:31 am

aimcroft wrote:Sir, may I kindly ask if they are accepting entry-level 3D artists... newly graduate with no working experience?

Thanks

Let your demo reel speak for itself. Di naman tinitingnan kung ano ang nagawa mo na, ang mahalaga ay kung ano ang magagawa mo pa given the right tools and opportunities.

Please send your resume and samples of best work.

Also kung nakapagpadala na kayo since reading this thread please resend or pm me the names.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:34 pm

HBD will be concluding the initial search soon and will schedule the interviews early January. If you are interested in trying your luck - this is the best time to send those resumes and demo reels.

v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by tagatimog Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:13 am

Come on roy. First you say you know a company, now it turns out you're part of the company, your name is in the post at jobsdb. The smoke and mirror stinks as usual.

For anyone considering to apply, what is posted is true. The work conditions stink, the pay is low. When majority of the filipinos artists sent there quit and have nothing good to say about the companies and work, behind their backs of course, its no fluke. Think slave labor.

How many filipinos are left at terabyte btw? Some guys are back here again. Not so dreamy at terabyte after all.

Problem is these small companies that hire pinoys don't follow the labor laws. Its better to apply in IT companies that follow the rules.

There are some more info at timogforums.

tagatimog

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 28/12/2011

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:02 am

Cmon tagatimog.

First, I do not know what problem you had with your employers, if you haven't been treated well by them then that is your bad luck. Perhaps you suck at your work? Or you suck bigtime nobody liked you at your workplace? Have you ever considered asking yourself why you never blended?

In general, your experience is not everybody's experience.

When I first posted the ad here, I was working for them as a consultant. Since I work for many clients it is of their best interest that I remain an outsider to protect my clients who happen to be served as well by their competitors. If you know your business well like you talk, you do not need be a scientist to understand what good manners dictate. Badmouthing companies is not one of them.

Since I am perhaps so good unlike you tongue. I have been since offered by them a fulltime job with lotsa perks. Maiinggit ka lang. Have I told you, I never run out of jobs you know kahit ayaw ko na? Do you know why? That's because I do not whine like you, I don't complain - I find solutions. I don't deal with impossiblilty, I find ways to make the impossible possible. I find no pleasure in finding my difference with my employers - I find what's common. At pag hindi kami match, I move on and leave. ala ng drama drama pa

As for that job ad at jobstreet, putting my name in that ad is my first official move in my current function. I know because I was the one who ordered that ad placed. Hindi ako tanga na magkakaila tapos ilalagay ko yung pangalan ko.

Seriously now, I do not owe you an explanation. I do not care as well about that company you mentioned above as I have no professional relationship with them since I started their CG division seven years ago, I trained them got them a project, gave them introductions and left to move on. There are still many of those left (hindi ko kilala kayong mga pinoy don) na good ones and they have excellent skilsl. I will not hesitate to send jobs sa kanila if there's an opportunity.

So if you have a problem with them - take it to them not in my thread. Hidni ako ang naghire sa yo kung tagadon ka at kung ako pa ang boss dun, hindi naman kita kukunin.

And to all of you listening - Japan is not a place for crybabies like that guy who hides by the name tagatimog.

If you are good, and persistent and always willing to excel - I will stand by you and train you till you bleed. If you are looking for good pay, slow life, mediocre work, don't send me your application. And if you join us and later on turn out to be an asshole like that guy above - I promise you, I'll kick your butt and send you back where you came from. But if you are damn good, make the philippines proud then I will kiss your ass and make sure you turn out to be a superstar.

I've been in Japan too long and I know how to succeed. If you have the heart to experience pain and excell. I can show you how. High pay is not something you demand - its something you earn. Show me a 300K yen worth of skills and potential and I'll do everything to give you a pay of 400K yen or more.

FYI, we aren't so excited bigtime about pinoys or any race for that matter. We have people from all over asia, taiwan and china. Next year we welcome the addition of new employees from Brazil and Russia. And I am proud to be part of this innovation. So if you think we're dying to have you all here to save dough then you are mistaken. Our current program dictates we treat our people just like everyone. I have worked and have seen a bunch of cool pinoys and I still love to work with them and will continue to vouch for them wherever I am, wherever I work or if my clients request that I introduce pinoys. At hindi ako sakim tulad ng pagkaka-akala ng ilan.

So there goes, kung anong nabasa nyo this whole thread - that's what you get, nothing less nothing more.

Walang drama.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:29 am

And one last thing - I tell you why many pinoys do not succeed in Japan or in any country - that is because many of them continue to act like they are still in the Philippines. Learn to assimilate, leave your bad pinoy habits behind and adapt the good ones in your host countries.

And you'll be fine.

v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by renanlingan Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:48 pm

Sir, open pa po ba?

renanlingan

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 03/01/2012

Back to top Go down

Post by v_wrangler Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:21 am

opo, pakiemail na lang ang resume at links to BEST samples of work.
v_wrangler
v_wrangler
CGP Loverboy
CGP Loverboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down