Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future in Architecture?

2 posters

:: General :: Tambayan

Go down

Future in Architecture? Empty Future in Architecture?

Post by kabumbayan Fri May 20, 2011 7:43 pm

What is your opinion about having a future in pursuing a career in Architecture in the Philippines or abroad?

Is it still possible in the Philippines to start your own firm and have clients, it seems that the trend here is that a majority of projects are being done by engineers, and clients opt to not hire an architect anymore because its additional payment, (correct me if I'm wrong).

If you apply as an architect abroad, are you recognized as one?, are you given the chance to design or just follow what your bosses tell you.

How can you be accredited as a licensed architect abroad, i heard that in some countries you had to take exams?

anyway, feel free to add any info with regards to having a career in Architecture at present.
kabumbayan
kabumbayan
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 03/08/2010

Back to top Go down

Future in Architecture? Empty Re: Future in Architecture?

Post by Valiant Sat May 21, 2011 12:06 am

Every profession ay merong magandang future. it is still and very possible to start your own firm in the philippines pero siyempre mentallity na kasi talaga ng tao na kukunin ang mas kilala na kesa sa baguhan na architect kaya maguumpisa talaga sa small time pero that's a good thing. Big or small as long as you love what you are doing okay yan. Those people na instead of getting an Architect to do a design for them get what they've payed for. Makikita mo ang difference ng structure once it was constructed. Reality sucks bigtime, but you can make a difference. Imagine kung lahat ng Architect will continue with the flow? walang mangyayari di ba?

if you have the desire and skill to pursue architecture and be an architect someday, i say go with it. but if you are just thinking of architecture as money making career i guess you need to look on a wider perspective. Architecture is not merely a profession, it's a devotion.

There are only handful of countries allowing Filipino Architects to practice on their foreign soil and that is very logical because every country has its own NBC as what we've called it in the Philippines. They have their culture, weather, building materials to name a few on which a Filipino architect must familiarized himself which leads on taking additional units/education and exams.

I hope makatulong ako sayo bro.
Valiant
Valiant
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 25/03/2010

Back to top Go down