Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cultural touch in Urban design

3 posters

Go down

Cultural touch in Urban design Empty Cultural touch in Urban design

Post by nomeradona Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:33 pm

Since this is my old job, perhaps we could discuss urban planning in general.

Many developers and urban palnners forgot one thing- the importance of cultural touch in an urban design.

look on most of urban development nowadays: mostly are modern and imitation of some urban areas in other countries. some use the halo halo concept of just getting some feautures here and there.

i love the way the singapore's has approach urban renewal. took care of the old buildings, resotored them and eventually it paid off. the rental of these shophouses are much much expensive.

i love the "revisiting escolta" by xboy http://www.cgpinoy.org/animation-wip-f53/revisiting-escolta-t781.htm
ang ganda namang balikbalikan nito. would this be possible to see in the realife or would this remain in the video animation. what if some of our new urban planner, decided to incorporate these concept in their new urban developement. what if some develppers, governemnt and architects joined hands to do a pilot project... why not create a citywalk of shopping areas with architecture like this...

i visited mall of asia three days ago and i love the city walk concepts, walking freely on urban shared space while shopping, would not be possible to have archictecture like the one of old escolta on both side while shopping?

i know Neil (bokkins) concept. he wants to incoporate the old architecture and translating them into a contemporary function.. hay sana naman magkaroon pa tayo ng maraming bokkins.
nomeradona
nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Number of posts : 7293
Registration date : 22/09/2008

https://sites.google.com/site/nomeradona3d/

Back to top Go down

Cultural touch in Urban design Empty Re: Cultural touch in Urban design

Post by arkiedmund Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:10 am

It would really be good if the agencies in our country would exert the effort to preserve some of our old buildings. I also like the idea of incorporating the old, into the new. Refurbishing them to how they originally looked, and being converted into perhaps another form of establishment, i.e. shopping center, museum, and the like.

This way, we can show history and our culture, to our fellow Filipinos, and foreigners alike.

Manager
Manager

Number of posts : 3956
Registration date : 19/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by nomeradona Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:53 pm

arkiedmund wrote:It would really be good if the agencies in our country would exert the effort to preserve some of our old buildings. I also like the idea of incorporating the old, into the new. Refurbishing them to how they originally looked, and being converted into perhaps another form of establishment, i.e. shopping center, museum, and the like.

This way, we can show history and our culture, to our fellow Filipinos, and foreigners alike.
sana nasa gubyerno ka bro....
nomeradona
nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by virus Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:50 am

master Nomer.. Oo nga po. Dito nga po sa Baguio ganun na nangyayari.

OT: May alam po ba kayo na books or thesis regarding your topic? Para po sana sa related literature sa research problem na maari kong ipropose sa design 10 namin. Ang hirap po kasi maghanap sa net. Wala rin po ako mahanap sa library namin. Dito po kasi sa Baguio madami nang mga contemporary bldgs na out of place. Especially sa Session Road kung saan my bagong bldg na on going ang construction na ang character eh modern. Ibang iba sa mga existing na. Baka po maging precedent na ung bagong bldg na yon at mawala na ang ganda ng Session Road. Sna po may alam kayo na site na pwedeng makakuha ng related literature. 2thumbsup
virus
virus
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 04/03/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by nomeradona Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:15 pm

nakupo ang dami kong books dito na naiwan sa hanoi. hahahaha. actually concept is concept... you dont need books. its about idea. you will be the book and people will read your ideas.
nomeradona
nomeradona
SketchUp Guru
SketchUp Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down