Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closing thread with unoptimized images or not (A poll)

+10
ME_nesperos_27
dpyxl
logikpixel
kieko
reyknow
Norman
whey09
Yhna
ARCHITHEKTHURA
bokkins
14 posters

:: General :: Tambayan

Go down

Should we close threads with unoptimized images such as raw jpg and png

Closing thread with unoptimized images or not (A poll) Vote_lcap73%Closing thread with unoptimized images or not (A poll) Vote_rcap 73% 
[ 24 ]
Closing thread with unoptimized images or not (A poll) Vote_lcap27%Closing thread with unoptimized images or not (A poll) Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 33

Closing thread with unoptimized images or not (A poll) Empty Closing thread with unoptimized images or not (A poll)

Post by bokkins Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:46 am

Hi guys, we're having problem with members not following instructions on posting unoptimized jpgs and pngs. Now we're doing a survey if should we or not close the thread immediately. If majority will agree, this will serve as a warning.

Threads with unoptimized images, especially png's do not open immediately due to its size. The ideal size for posting is 100kb-300kb. Anything more or less than this range is hard to view with the current situation of our internet.

Once a thread is closed, you may PM any of the moderators after you have optimized your image. Thank you.
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Closing thread with unoptimized images or not (A poll) Empty Re: Closing thread with unoptimized images or not (A poll)

Post by ARCHITHEKTHURA Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:31 am

Well i guess this is very understandable sir Boks..Cguro yung iba,mula nung nagkaroon tayo ng upgrade pagdating sa pagpopost ng larger images more than 800px e kala nila ok lng. Guilty din ata ako a..Teka check ko nga.hahahaha...But anyway i think ok lng na isara muna para makasanayan para din sa mga mababagal na internet connection..Thanks sa reminder sir Boks.. thumbsup

ARCHITHEKTHURA
The Groom
The Groom

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 05/05/2009

Back to top Go down

Closing thread with unoptimized images or not (A poll) Empty Re: Closing thread with unoptimized images or not (A poll)

Post by Yhna Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:36 am

i guess this serves as a warning to everybody. minsan may magagandang renders na gusto ko makita but since napakabigat ng file tinatamad na ako tignan kasi ang bagal mag open.... i hope everyone will cooperate regarding this matter.... 2thumbsup

more power to all of us and God bless thumbsup

Princess Gaara
Princess Gaara

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 27/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by whey09 Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:44 am

siguro kung gusto natin i-share yung high res image ng post natin, magbigay nalang tayo ng link,,
whey09
whey09
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1869
Registration date : 02/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Norman Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:57 am

whey09 wrote:siguro kung gusto natin i-share yung high res image ng post natin, magbigay nalang tayo ng link,,

agree.....para sa community na rin natin ito...
Norman
Norman
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 3228
Registration date : 21/06/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by reyknow Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:23 am

ako magdidisagree to arguement ko

tingin ko pagbigay nalang ng warning mas mabuti. kung ang problem eh tatamarin ka i-view yung thread kasi matagal magload yung image, problem ng poster yun. either liitan nya yung image nya or walang makakakita ng gawa nya.

tska sigurado ko mag flood ng threads o pm sa mods na nagtataka bat naclose yung thread nila.

pero kung cgp mismo naghohost nung images na yun siguro close nga yung thread. kung galing sa flickr o sa photobucket o iba pa tingin ko warning nlng.
reyknow
reyknow
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 16/02/2009

http://www.reyknow.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yhna Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:34 am

@ kuya whey - agree ako dyan.....

@ sir reyknow - di naman po nagkukulang sa paalala ang mga mods and admin natin sir. matitigas lang ang ulo nung iba. katakot takot na nga po atang warning ang nai-warn ni sir boks yet wala parin... that is why nag poll na si sir... anyway.... i hope eto na final warning.... thumbsup

Princess Gaara
Princess Gaara

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 27/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by kieko Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:43 am

agree din ako dito..
total these are for viewing purpose, not for printing...
kieko
kieko
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1428
Registration date : 08/04/2009

Back to top Go down

Post by logikpixel Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:57 am

kieko wrote:agree din ako dito..
total these are for viewing purpose, not for printing...

Yes, I agree. There is no point in posting images that are too big and heavy for the site to load.
It's such a drag just to view two images in a single post. No disrespect to those posts/posters but you have to understand that the site suffers from the heavy bandwidth. If one wants to share their hi-res images with others, just give a link where it can be downloaded.
logikpixel
logikpixel
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 09/03/2009

http://selectiveblur.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dpyxl Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:38 am

@bokkins,
let them suffer, rules are rules, right? but imho do not close the thread unless they receive a warning from moderators or admin, instead let the mods delete the oversize image, then its up to the members to fix their uploads.. as no fix, no image will be post... if they disregard and left the thread blank for a day or two, then kaput the thread.

add ko na din

- limit to jpeg format only
- upload limitations sa image and file size or direct from the cgp server, block na kagad mga image na oversize sa file size
- sa pag-reply sa thread, please no quote-spamming ng image, eto napapansin ko madalas dito
- no .gif sa avatar (animated images) and limit the avatar size back to thumbsize (24x24 or 58x58pixels)

--------

quick hits: sana pati mga sticky keys and textspeak..

dpyxl
CGP Apprentice
CGP Apprentice

Number of posts : 577
Registration date : 16/10/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ME_nesperos_27 Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:35 pm

paano po optimized sir?

natry ku po kasi paste sa PAINT un mga gwa ku na malalaki resolution pag ngupload ako sa facebook bumababa size pero same parin un height and width ng image.. What a Face hihi
ME_nesperos_27
ME_nesperos_27
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1215
Registration date : 19/02/2009

http://mesnesperos.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bokkins Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:38 pm

ME_nesperos_27 wrote:paano po optimized sir?

natry ku po kasi paste sa PAINT un mga gwa ku na malalaki resolution pag ngupload ako sa facebook bumababa size pero same parin un height and width ng image.. What a Face hihi

yup optimize na din ang tawag dun.
bokkins
bokkins
Special Ops
Special Ops

Number of posts : 10369
Registration date : 18/09/2008

Http://bokkins3d.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 3dpjumong2007 Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:19 am

ME_nesperos_27 wrote:paano po optimized sir?

try nyo photo impact version 6 it will really help a lot without image degrading ive been using this for years
3dpjumong2007
3dpjumong2007
CGP Guru
CGP Guru

Number of posts : 1684
Registration date : 19/09/2008

http://alfredjussilprado.carbonmade.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by archaos Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:08 am

in my opinion its better if pm muna yung taong concerned warning him of violating the rules or mismo sa thread nya give him the warning. also give him sometime to resolve his violations. not all the time we are in front of our pc and not all of us has internet connections. if within the given period he did not perform any action to the warning then thats the time the mods should lock the thread in question.

off topic : regarding po sa mga bangayan sa mga threads yun po dapat ang automatic na nila-lock, no need for a warning. ang forum hindi lugar ng awayan. kung may personal concern better pm nyo nlng yung tao. wala tayo sa palengke na lahat ng nakapaligid ay pwedeng makaalam sa away ng may away. be profesional and act like one not just by name but also by heart. yun ay opinion ko lang naman

archaos
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 03/05/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:43 am

[quote="archaos"]in my opinion its better if pm muna yung taong concerned warning him of violating the rules or mismo sa thread nya give him the warning. also give him sometime to resolve his violations. not all the time we are in front of our pc and not all of us has internet connections. if within the given period he did not perform any action to the warning then thats the time the mods should lock the thread in question.

for me, no need to give them warning. what is the use of the rules and regulation posted here. members should read them first before posting... i hope that clear.

render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Number of posts : 3274
Registration date : 27/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by coachhandbagso Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:20 pm

It was a nice blog. I am new to this community and i hope you all will update the events day by day. Keep blogging an I like to share this information with all my friends. Thanks a lot. Regards to you.

coachhandbagso
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 31/10/2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down