Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoom

+4
render master
dickie_ilagan
cloud20
ERICK
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Zoom Empty Zoom

Post by ERICK Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:41 pm

got another problem that i encountered 3 days ago... the problem is, when i merged a certain 3d model on my scene, at first it will look ok, just like the image below...

Zoom Untitled-1-1

but when i try zooming in, here what happens...

Zoom Untitled-2-1
Zoom Untitled-3-1
Zoom Untitled-4-1

it seems that there's a clipping plane that i cant see... hope you could help me with this problem sersssss.... thanks in advance
ERICK
ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Number of posts : 3907
Registration date : 18/09/2008

http://www.ericktorio.tk http://www.coroflot.com/ericktorio

Back to top Go down

Zoom Empty Re: Zoom

Post by cloud20 Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:16 pm

sir hit F1... there's a topic on clipping planes (just type it on the index tab) that may solve your problem... remember guys when all else fails... click F1 peace man
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Number of posts : 3372
Registration date : 21/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by dickie_ilagan Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:53 pm

bro, all 3d applications do exactly the same scenarios. Even in LW program it happens to me and also in 3ds.... solution i do, i save my file and exit my program and relaunch 3ds again... and its gone... 3ds works again perfectly Very Happy Smile
dickie_ilagan
dickie_ilagan
CGP Expert
CGP Expert

Number of posts : 2093

http://dickieilagan.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ERICK Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:11 pm

cloud20 wrote:sir hit F1... there's a topic on clipping planes (just type it on the index tab) that may solve your problem... remember guys when all else fails... click F1 peace man

sir i tried it last night... and even sir ronels response on ym... it didnt work.... thanks for the reply sir...
ERICK
ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by ERICK Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:12 pm

dickie_ilagan wrote:bro, all 3d applications do exactly the same scenarios. Even in LW program it happens to me and also in 3ds.... solution i do, i save my file and exit my program and relaunch 3ds again... and its gone... 3ds works again perfectly Very Happy Smile

bro im working on this problem for 3 nights... i think that's not gonna work... any suggestion? thanks anyways...
ERICK
ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:21 pm

ERICK wrote:
dickie_ilagan wrote:bro, all 3d applications do exactly the same scenarios. Even in LW program it happens to me and also in 3ds.... solution i do, i save my file and exit my program and relaunch 3ds again... and its gone... 3ds works again perfectly Very Happy Smile

bro im working on this problem for 3 nights... i think that's not gonna work... any suggestion? thanks anyways...

Its clipping. Either your scene scale is too small or too big. Check clipping in your camera parameters and adjust near range as desired. There's also viewport clipping. Search your manuals as they can explain it better than me.

Back to top Go down

Post by ERICK Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:00 pm

v_wrangler wrote:
ERICK wrote:

Its clipping. Either your scene scale is too small or too big. Check clipping in your camera parameters and adjust near range as desired. There's also viewport clipping. Search your manuals as they can explain it better than me.

how is that sir? i am on perspective mode, thats why there's no camera involved... hmmm... i guess i scanned well the 3dsmax's help... but i do believe on what you've said that maybe the scene or the model was small.... and as part of merging the model, i do always re-scale to my current unit set-up w/c is centimeters.. this is the 1st problem that i encountered upon merging 3d models... hope you have another solution ser... thanks
ERICK
ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:12 pm

ERICK wrote:
v_wrangler wrote:
ERICK wrote:

how is that sir? i am on perspective mode, thats why there's no camera involved... hmmm... i guess i scanned well the 3dsmax's help... but i do believe on what you've said that maybe the scene or the model was small.... and as part of merging the model, i do always re-scale to my current unit set-up w/c is centimeters.. this is the 1st problem that i encountered upon merging 3d models... hope you have another solution ser... thanks

Viewport clipping is on. See that clipping handles on the right side of the screen? drag the triangles up or down and see.
What happens if you turn the clipping off (right-click viewport label>>uncheck clipping)?

You know, being on a perspective viewport doesnt mean you can't set up a camera... Hit Control+C while in viewporrt mode so you can create a cam from that view. Then turn on clipping parameters of the cam..

Back to top Go down

Post by ERICK Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:20 pm

v_wrangler wrote:
ERICK wrote:
v_wrangler wrote:
ERICK wrote:

Viewport clipping is on. See that clipping handles on the right side of the screen? drag the triangles up or down and see.
What happens if you turn the clipping off (right-click viewport label>>uncheck clipping)?

You know, being on a perspective viewport doesnt mean you can't set up a camera... Hit Control+C while in viewporrt mode so you can create a cam from that view. Then turn on clipping parameters of the cam..

"Viewport clipping is on. See that clipping handles on the right side of the screen? drag the triangles up or down and see.
What happens if you turn the clipping off (right-click viewport label>>uncheck clipping)?"

thats what ronel's first solution, i did it and it does nothing....

"You know, being on a perspective viewport doesnt mean you can't set up a camera... Hit Control+C while in viewporrt mode so you can create a cam from that view. Then turn on clipping parameters of the cam"

thats what im going to do when i get home... thanks for the time man... i'll let you know if it solved the problem... thanks again...
ERICK
ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:01 am

To set clipping planes:
Select your camera, then go to modifying panel. If you are in perspective mode, hit ctrl c and it will automatically create a camera based on your perspective image. select the camera then modify the parameters as shown below

Turn on Clip Manually.

When Clip Manually is off, the camera ignores the location of the Near and Far clipping planes, and their controls are unavailable. The camera renders all geometry within its field of view.

Set the Near Clip value to position the near clipping plane.

Objects closer to the camera than the Near distance are not visible to the camera and aren't rendered.

Set the Far Clip value to position the far clipping plane.

Objects farther from the camera than the Far distance are not visible to the camera and aren't rendered.

You can set the Near clipping plane close to the camera so that it doesn't exclude any geometry, and still use the Far plane to exclude objects. Similarly, you can set the Far clipping plane far enough from the camera that it doesn't exclude any geometry, and still use the Near plane to exclude objects.

The Near value is constrained to be less than the Far value.

If the clipping plane intersects an object, it cuts through that object, creating a cutaway view

(from 3dmax help file)

To use viewport clipping:

1. Right-click a viewport label.

2. Choose Viewport Clipping.

3. The viewport displays the viewport clipping controls.

4. Move the lower slider up until the geometry is clipped in the viewport by the near clipping plane.

5. Adjust the upper slider to clip the geometry with the far clipping plane.

Last edited by render master on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Number of posts : 3274
Registration date : 27/09/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ERICK Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:05 am

very well and much elucidated sir... ill try to do those comments at home... and i'll give feedbacks right ahead...
ERICK
ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud20 Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:21 am

is there a way to just TURN OFF clipping?... that would solve the problem, i think...
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by ERICK Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:26 am

cloud20 wrote:is there a way to just TURN OFF clipping?... that would solve the problem, i think...

its automatically turned off ser... as per ser ronel's conversation a while ago.. just create a camera, turn the clipping on then turn it off... lets see what that can do.. i'll update you guys.... thanks ser master super duper saiyan mega awesome cloud pogi hippie 2thumbsup
ERICK
ERICK
CGP Dark Horse
CGP Dark Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:32 am

cloud20 wrote:is there a way to just TURN OFF clipping?... that would solve the problem, i think...

Yeah just turn it off.

Also, don't bother posting what you can find yourself - don't be too-overly kind ron Very Happy
You'll make em lazy.

One way to learn and I can vouch for and this isn't directed at you erick, try to find the answer by investigating - what happens if I push this button, what does my help file say... when everything fails - thats the time to ask for directions.

I see that the reason why most users doesn't improve is that they want everything spoon fed to them. This make us all lazy. Experience is the best teacher.

Back to top Go down

Post by cloud20 Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:41 am

v_wrangler wrote:

Yeah just turn it off.

Also, don't bother posting what you can find yourself - don't be too-overly kind ron Very Happy
You'll make em lazy.

One way to learn and I can vouch for and this isn't directed at you erick, try to find the answer by investigating - what happens if I push this button, what does my help file say... when everything fails - thats the time to ask for directions.

I see that the reason why most users doesn't improve is that they want everything spoon fed to them. This make us all lazy. Experience is the best teacher.

problem solved then sir erick! no more pesky clipping when you zoom in in perspective mode thumbsup
im kinda leaning towards sir vert with the spoon feeding stuff... that's why i told sir erick to hit F1, no offense sir erick we both know i have nothing against you; or with sir ronel for that matter...
cloud20
cloud20
CGP Senior Citizen
CGP Senior Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by barorot Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:45 am

v_wrangler wrote:

Yeah just turn it off.

You'll make em lazy.

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
barorot
barorot
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 19/10/2008

http://kulayan3d.deviantart.com/gallery/

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:12 am

no offend mga sir !!!
so when we try to help others, we will just say just press F1, or else Goggle it...or search it on Yahoo and so on.... ahh

Sometimes aware tayo na kahit napakasimpleng bagay di natin makita kung nasaan. Di naman siguro stupid ang isang tao na itanong ang isang bagay na nahanap na niya ang kasagutan. Or else nahanap na nya pero need pa rin nya ng simpleng paliwanag para lalo nyang maunawaan.

If you think that all these matters is jus a spoon feeding. Well i guest not. Accept it or not, all of us needs help. peace man
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:21 am

render master wrote:no offend mga sir !!!
so when we try to help others, we will just say just press F1, or else Goggle it...or search it on Yahoo and so on.... ahh

No, you just say where it is and you do not clutter by pasting the help text here Laughing

Sometimes aware tayo na kahit napakasimpleng bagay di natin makita kung nasaan. Di naman siguro stupid ang isang tao na itanong ang isang bagay na nahanap na niya ang kasagutan. Or else nahanap na nya pero need pa rin nya ng simpleng paliwanag para lalo nyang maunawaan.

How would you know my friend?

Here's my gist - You teach em how to fish, you don't give the fish.
I bet we are all mature enough to know the difference Smile

Anyways, as I mentioned before - I really really envy your unselfishness but here's a honest and harmless advice - I just took a peek at all your tuts everywhere and I think you really have cool ideas but with all honest intentions, you really need to look at improving your renders before you start thinking about going on with the book.

Anyways, on with the show.

Last edited by v_wrangler on Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:05 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:26 am

ah okay, it was that i paste the help files from 3dmax there....na puede naman niyang tingnan by his ownself
Very Happy no comment peace man

well sorry po mga sirs and masters

Last edited by render master on Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:34 am

render master wrote:ah okay, it was that i paste the help files from 3dmax there....

I like your signature.
Unfortunately I eat and live sarcasm thumbsup

I apologize to erick and the mods, sometimes I get carried away. heck, I bet someone have always wanted to say the above..

Erick, let us know how it turns out.

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:37 am

v_wrangler wrote:
render master wrote:ah okay, it was that i paste the help files from 3dmax there....

I like your signature.
Unfortunately I eat and live sarcasm thumbsup

I apologize to erick and the mods, sometimes I get carried away. heck, I bet someone always wanted to say the above..

Erick, let us know how it turns out.

Well, me to. peace man
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by render master Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:43 am

v_wrangler wrote:
Anyways, as I mentioned before - I really really envy your unselfishness but here's a honest and harmless advice - I just took a peek at all your tuts everywhere and I think you really have cool ideas but with all honest intentions, you really need to look at improving your renders before you start thinking about going on with the book.

Anyways, on with the show.

thumbsup Thanks... The renderings i have posted was too long ago, when is start to learn 3dmax. since then i was pastened on a peg of discovering things like particles ( for tutorials). Thanks for the advice.
render master
render master
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:05 am

@ erick

bro try mo din ung "up" arrow button on navigating sa perspective... then hit [ or ] para sa changes ng speed... madalas kasing nangyayari sa akin ung problem mo and nasosolve ko lang sya kapag hit ko ung "z" ulit tapos up (top) , down, left and right arrows na ang ginagamit ko sa navigation.

hope makatulong. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Grafico Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:48 am

I like the discussions here... It's very entertaining... Now to stay on topic... the answer is already stated by Mr. Vertex. It is obviously a clipping plane problem where sometimes your model scale is small enough to fit the 3D scene. DON'T ever use the Select and Uniform Scale to scale the object or models to fit your desired dimension, but rather Uniformly scale the object through it's SUB-OBJECT mode. Or better yet use the Rescale world units Utility.... Now that's the time to hit F1 to have more info..

My signature is here but it's gone....

Grafico
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 01/11/2008

http://www.filipinographics.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycobvargas Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:01 am

sir, may konti lang akong ishare sa problem na yan before problem ko rin yan, pero ang ginagawa ko when i use zoom i hit f3 to make it wireframe then zoom ko ulit then again i hit f3 to render ulit sa akin effective ewan ko lng sir kung eeffect din yan sa application mo paki try nlng sir baka sakaling makatulog thumbsup
jaycobvargas
jaycobvargas
CGP Newbie
CGP Newbie

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 09/11/2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next